• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

UNBANNED Explanations

Status
Not open for further replies.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I think that you guys are just underestimating the importance of sound in the game and all of the factors that are collectively known as 'game sense'. I get accused of 'hacking' at least once a day because I hear people before I see them. I also always make a conscious effort to keep my crosshair at head level.

And I also empathize with Ace regarding his point about trying to deal with being on a team on T side that just camps the entire match. I love it so much when I'm trying to rush a choke point and trying to peak around a corner quickly when some douchebag on my team stands directly in front of my line of fire and tries to steal my pick while most of the other players just do fuck all somewhere else - blocking each other, baiting each other, camping, etc. I completely understand where Ace is coming from here.

copper

TD Admin
Then you must have seen me getting flanked over and over and over, or getting camped over and over and over. Sometimes, i even run into enemies with a knife thinking that my team was covering that spot.
I must not have been playing that day.

PETER PAN

I'm new here
Some days, i get really lucky with my peeks, but never that much like you said. And some days, i miss all my peeks and die immediately.
You may have watched me on a very good day, but you can ask the regulars watching me every day that i can easily get owned.

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
Guys you are missing the point. Yes people think he hacks, but that was only a factor in the ban. He has a piss poor play style, which contributed. Rex, yoy as an example are a good player and play with the team. Same with tytanium. Hes banned for several things added together.

PETER PAN

I'm new here
So i'm banned for stacking ? Even if i'm the first who load the map ?

And i bait my teammates on T side ? Like 90% of the players on the server ?

kel

I'm New Here
Once again, just playing devil's advocate to make sure that the situation is handled fairly. I haven't seen anything to make me think Ace is hacking, but haven't specced him long enough and don't know him well enough to personally vouch for him. As a long time member of the community, I just want to see the situation handled professionally. I think it's an important conversation to have so that there is some kind of a due process.

Regarding stacking, Ace is indeed one of the first people to always join the server. It's not his fault. I can attest to this as I'm almost always first or second as well and usually see him already on a team. I think stacking is a far bigger problem with TD - it should force random teams. If the argument is mic chat/clans, rarely do clans ever actually work together on mic.

Again, I agree with what you're saying, but watching you and your radar (on the maps where a spectator does have a working radar), I don't see what you see - this is where you slip, in my opinion.

Once again, I don't know what you've seen, but I personally play a similar way that Ace does (just not as good). As a T, If I see no covering long a on dust 2, I just "know" approximately when CTs will be rushing long doors. Regarding the radar, I think nades/flashes are usually a pretty good indicator of how many people are where.

When he does play T, he is a lone ranger. He will camp the flank every round while his team tries to do the objectives, just for him to come as the last T to clean up and get the points. He plays for himself, does nothing with the team.

Hasn't this always been okay on TD? It might not be directly the objective, but IMO covering the flank is far more important than the rush at times. To an extent, the success rush can often be random. On the other hand, holding the flank back and baiting until the enemy reaches your team gives your team the time to secure the rush. Once again, as a T, Dust II is a great example of this - if no one covers B/tunnels and the whole team waits to push long, the CT flank will catch up and destroy the t's. Sure, an all-out rush is the best, but it's pretty rare (especially with the stacking on TD) for there to be a competent enough team.

On D2, I find myself far more valuable to the team trying to distract the CTs at the flank and push the flanks a bit to keep the CTs confused as to where the rush is. Or on CS:S Nightfever I think I used to be pretty damn famous at this as a T. Rush the upper balcony on right side and pick the CTs off - then half the CTs think it's a right side rush, meanwhile my team has A.

Considering that half the team does absolutely nothing, I don't know how you can really hold it against a player to do whatever they can to "clean up." A rusher has a far different mentality than a defender, but you need both to have a stable team. Not to mention, I'd love to see ace come in to clean up after the rush instead of have an entire CT team rushing after the 7 remaining T's at half health.

If you're convinced Ace isn't aimbotting, then I think his stats should be the proof of his innocence. He has 57% headshots, which is pretty decent for CS:GO (i think?) You don't get 57% headshots unless you've played damn well for quite some time and handled a lot of scenarios. If he has the experience and the ability to aim well, I don't see why he'd even need wallhacks. It doesn't really make sense to me. It's not like the guy plays superhuman either. Earlier me and him were dominating as CTs on de_nuke with almost the exact same score.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Guys you are missing the point. Yes people think he hacks, but that was only a factor in the ban. He has a piss poor play style, which contributed. Rex, yoy as an example are a good player and play with the team. Same with tytanium. Hes banned for several things added together.
It's simply not true that Ace is not a team player. In fact, I like to play on his team not because he has good fragging ability, but because I know that I can depend on him to have my back. Anyone that actually plays on the server consistently when Ace and I are on should already know this. Ace and I have done some epic holds together. And I'm also able to out frag Ace often (but not always), whether he's been on my team or not. I've also been able to catch him not looking at me.

kel

I'm New Here
BIOP, I am honestly asking this question and not doing it to be a dick: the play style you described reminds me almost exactly of my own on Dust II/Nightfever/some other maps. Am I at risk of being banned? I do the task as well as I can, but at the same time I put my priority on defending the flank and preventing the enemy from reaching the rush. I figure if I do a good enough job defending the flank, my team can likely handle the CTs until I get there.

BOT Snake

TD Admin
Then you must have seen me getting flanked over and over and over, or getting camped over and over and over. Sometimes, i even run into enemies with a knife thinking that my team was covering that spot.

I almost always watch ACE when I die and I can confirm that this happens more than you know.

copper

TD Admin
BIOP, I am honestly asking this question and not doing it to be a dick: the play style you described reminds me almost exactly of my own on Dust II/Nightfever/some other maps. Am I at risk of being banned? I do the task as well as I can, but at the same time I put my priority on defending the flank and preventing the enemy from reaching the rush. I figure if I do a good enough job defending the flank, my team can likely handle the CTs until I get there.
Peter is an exceptional case. Period. Sorry if I can't take the devil's advocate with four posts very seriously, but this is not the normal MO.

STERLINGARCHER

DARKLY Regular
Peter is an exceptional case. Period. Sorry if I can't take the devil's advocate with four posts very seriously.

so then call it as it is, he is being banned for suspicion of hacking and stop using "steam stacking, not playing for objective" as an excuse

because if that is a ban-able offense we all know 25% of the top 100 on the server should be banned

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Kel, you're obviously not at risk for wanting to hang back sometimes and cover a possible flank. Every player who's come from the 1.x days does this. You guys make it sound like you're the only players to have every played the game and we bought it this year.

Rex, no offense, I've not seen you do nearly as well as ace, ever.. You're definitely safe lol

A lot of people have disregarded Copper's post, I suggest some people read it. It conveys a lot of ideas that a lot of people have individually concluded over the course of months.

We can argue until the next year and be at the same point, but with so many people backing this, I don't see a problem with the ban. I'm only one voice.

so then call it as it is, he is being banned for suspicion of hacking and stop using "steam stacking, not playing for objective" as an excuse

because if that is a ban-able offense we all know 25% of the top 100 on the server should be banned

I'm not sure if you're just slow, or are having difficulty reading. Peter's been banned as a combination of play-style, attitude, things he's said (most notable were sexist comments to some players) as well as a massive account of his fishy play.

BIOP

Look we can't please everyone. I have counted upwards of 50 people that have complained about ace is some shape or form.

To sum this up ONE more time, he is banned for:
1) Suspicion of hacking in some shape or form (every can argue back and forth on this with no progress).
2) Consistently nominating CT sided maps to play CT, to quit on T. (This has been seen by SEVERAL people, not just 3 admins)
3) Consistently playing for himself and not the team on T side. (Again, constantly points out by several people)
4) Causing other players to quit TD.
5) Causing regulars to not play on TD while he is there.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction. This has been months coming. All this is built on SEVERAL complaints from regulars, members, admins. As well as admins constantly watching him.
Everyone is guilty of some of these things (including myself). The difference is, he is consistently guilty of them all (obviously not ALWAYS). People are getting driven away from the server because of him, several people. This is why I support the ban.

copper

TD Admin

I've been crystal clear; this was not a factor in my own decision. However, I support the assertion that the server is a better place without Peter for various reasons.

STERLINGARCHER

DARKLY Regular
I've been crystal clear; this was not a factor in my own decision.
Sorry I did not mean to quote your post with that response. You have been clear on why he is banned, its otherwise backtracking for excuses that a lot of the top ranking regulars are guilty of.

PETER PAN

I'm new here
I nominate the maps i like, just like everyone do. I don't see why it is a problem. D2, inferno, losttemple, mirage, mill and sometimes nuke.

copper

TD Admin
There have been hundreds of internal posts on Peter over the course of several months. This is not a snap judgment.

BIOP

Sorry I did not mean to quote your post with that response. You have been clear on why he is banned, its otherwise backtracking for excuses that a lot of the top ranking regulars are guilty of.
I also have said the exact same thing from the beginning. No back tracking at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.