[Solved] omg computer help again fuckingtwatdickscockslobber

Khârn the Betrayer

DARKLY Regular
So I bought a new PC, nothing REALLY fancy but it's a fuckton better than what I 'm using now. They even put it together for me, but that's the fucking problem.

ufgrGDA.jpg
A.
You see that fucking bar going above the yellow socket? Because of that I can't plug my monitor into my tower.
WWw9VKQ.jpg

B.
From what it looks like inside, I can't just simply unscrew the graphics card and/or motherboard to move it down slightly since I won't be able to access the ports above the yellow 1.

So apart from just cutting the bar away has anyone got any ideas?

Khârn the Betrayer

DARKLY Regular
That bar looks like someone bent it and it shouldnt stick out like that. I'd take it back and make them fix it
Looks very much like part of the frame to me.

I'd rather not send it back for something like this, I mean I'm perfectly fine with just cutting that shit off but I did get it on ebay so I sent the company a message so we'll see what they say.

That said I feel like they should've noticed something like this, like fucking seriously. If they offer to fix it then great but If I have to pay even a single penny to have it sent back I'm just cutting it.

EDIT: Ok so after a chat with the guy he said the dvi adapter should fit since they test all their shit and suggested I loosen the screws on the card a bit and fit it in. What I had to do to fit it in was completely remove both the screws for the card and the 1 under it keeping 1 of those wee pannels in place to only JUST get it in. Can't put the screws back in though as the card doesn't line up with the holes anymore.

"since it's in now, just tighten the screws and it should be fine" he says
:thisfnguy:

Could probably just cut away some of the plastic on the adapter.

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
That's part of the case and is on many, many cases. That said, because your motherboard is a small, inexpensive OEM, your gpu sits at the first slot (super rare). You're fucked unless you find a smaller Dvi plug.. Brutal design from the place (or no design) :/

P.s. Leaving card hanging _will_ eventually damage card and break socket on mobo; rendering both useless.

I would send back.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
value of 8 sheep = $1600 + tax, u dun goof'd. u can build a witcher3 killer for that much