Planetside 2

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Anyone playing this? A buddy of mine and I try it out last night and went on a solid 6 hour tear. I enjoy it. Takes a bit to soak it all in, but the fast action and large world / size of battlefields make it pretty sexual.

With the shine on CS dulling more and more (As it always does), a little run through the mountains with a plasma rifle might be just what the doctor ordered. Teamwork is key. Post up steam ids if you want to squad up and blow some shit up.

Oh, and this is where the trolls come and blow a load of AIDS all over the thread because they don't like the same games I like as they try vainly to hit me in the feelings with their opinions. :megaderp:

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
i am biased because i dont like futuristic combat games. also, i heard its pay to win. i tried it briefly and it was mehh

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
i am biased because i dont like futuristic combat games. also, i heard its pay to win. i tried it briefly and it was mehh
I can't say for sure yet that is it P2W, but I have played for free for a few days and from what I gather, teamwork trumps all. Most of the people i squad up with are other noobs who aren't paying anything. So, if a bunch of noobs can team up and go toe-to-toe with superior numberss and firepower and hold our own / pwn with strong tactics and communication, it trumps CS.

Besides, if you look at it objectively, I'd rather give $5 to station to get a few items / upgrades that will make my squad and my outfit stronger than give CS $2 to unllock 2 pretty gun skins that do fuck all other than turn a grey gun blue.

I really enjoy it. Enough so that I went on an 11 hour tear with my buddies yesterday and we enjoyed various epic battles. Some were just 5 of us fighting off a siege force of 12 - 20 to hold some inconsequential little shit hole sector while all the sectors around us got ass-raped, to the monster zerg siege that was about 60 on 60 and a chaos of bullets, rockets, and medics rezzing your corpse so you could gain another 5 feet of ground before getting nuked again.

I like it. It's pretty versatile. You can lead or follow. You can drive vehicles or blow them up. You can repair, heal, RAMBO or snipe.

What really put me over and has me ready to burn my copy of CS is that, while we were getting rape-sieged at one point, someone took a key strategic position from us and we realized we had to take it back. Unlike CS, where someone says "Let's go B", and he walks in, gets shot, and everyone else shits their pants and waits to get flanked, when I called the rush and stormed out, 3 guys followed, then 10 guys followed, then 30 guys followed, and we fuckin decimated a monster siege force because (imagine this) people actually listened and worked together.

The game mechanics are engineered so that you get more experience by helping each other than you do by trying to be RAMBO, and there is too much ruckus going on for you to RAMBO for long anyhow. Planetside is everything CS aims to be, cubed. Teamwork is a reality in Planetside while in CS, it is in illusion.

I'm converted. This game fuckin pwns. Sure, you can't be a big griefer fag and hax and dominate people and gloat about it, but that's the best part. Those faggots can stay on CS, just like MMO gaylords who want epic loot and want to call everyone "Kid" even though they are seventeen can stay on WoW. It just means less AIDS for me when I play a game that doesn't cater to that kind of childishness.

For a free game, the game is fuckin pwnsauce. I'm sure crybabies will give up because someone else gets a tactical advantage, and they would rather buy their way out than learn to work as a team to over-come it, but who gives a fuck what cry babies think? I got 6 nephews and a niece, all under 10 years old. The second you capitulate to the tears is the second become the property of the child, and they will manipulate the fuck out of you if you let them.. Don't let them. YOu're just gonna turn them into fuckin morons if you do anyhow. Spare the rod.....

Speaking of Rod, I need to stick my E Peen in some ears and co-ordinate a few hostile takeovers of land in pwnsauce 2. Feel free to join when you get tired of being pissy and having Brain AIDS because you got stuck on the team that WASN'T stacked with hackers on CS.

Waterson server, Terran Republic faction. Outfit name is Anally Inserted Death Sentence. (Yes, my clan is AIDS)

Username h0liGhett0. Join the rape. Or, you know, get brain raped by Counter Strike : Gaping Orifice. Your call, really. Some people like teamwork. Other's like griefing and playing cool kid. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.