Titanfall beta

Macido

DARKLY Regular
been watching live streams, it doesn't look like it has legs but i'll try a free beta if they go 100% open.

DatGuy

TD Member
Before I do that, can you name one title EA hasn't completely fucking ruined?

before I respond to you, you must realize EA had no hand in development of this title, they do not own respawn, they have no say in design...They are in the EA partners program, not under the whole EA banner. EA is also not hosting their servers, it runs on microsoft's Azure server setup, all run at MS.

now that that is cleared up...make your point.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
thats what I had in mind when I made that statement. better than ea

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I just need to know, in titanfall, can you drive vehicles, like in warz though?

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Been playing the beta, game is fun and seems well balanced in MP when considering mechs vs man gameplay.

It doesn't bring anything new in terms of multiplayer mode and I am not addicted to the game like others. It's a good back-up kill time game so far, and I am more interested in a SP campaign I hope they have at full-release as well as the full list of unlocks later on in MP.

What really stood out as a disappointment thus far is the fact there is pretty much no relevant destructible environments. You can knock over a barrel, blow up some canisters, but beyond that nothing. Titans are pretty big machines yet I have been stopped mid fight because of a fucking street sign or burnt out car. If this remains the same at release, I prob won't bother purchasing the game.

I'll have to see what full release will have to offer before considering spending any money on this one

TurboTaco

TD Admin
lol if that's the case their MP better be fucking spectacular with other modes/features not announced like destructible environments and mega-titans or something

otherwise :bleh:

DatGuy

TD Member
I am more interested in a SP campaign I hope they have at full-release as well as the full list of unlocks later on in MP.

the SP is some how integrated in MP, there is a campaign mode that plays out through multiplayer matches somehow.

I'll let you know how it is on release, I pre-ordered through green man gaming for 48 bucks