I told everyone that steam was making them download malware...

BOT Snake

TD Admin
If you read the comments there's a person saying something contrary to what OP says:

Drakia:

As someone who reverse engineers things for fun, and can read the C "pseudocode" generated via decompilation pretty easily, I am going to have to disagree with the assumptions made in this post.
First, there's no proof this is from Steam, I've poked around a few of the DLLs since I saw this and am unable to find anything even remotely close to what this does.
Second, this method does NOT send anything to Valve. This method grabs the DNS cache, yes. And it MD5s the entries, then it stores it. This method itself does nothing more with the hashes. For all we know VAC could be doing a LOCAL scan of the list, and comparing it to an internal list of "known" cheat subscription servers.
Until someone posts details of exactly where in Steam this is (What DLL is all that's required to verify), and the calling method that supposedly sends this information to Valve, I would take this with a very massive grain of salt.

Smurf Eater

Donator Supreme!
I'm not saying it is. I'm saying we are very much on our way to that. Look at all the hard wired backdoors that we have only recently found out have been there for quite some time. It's just the next step...

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I'm not saying it is. I'm saying we are very much on our way to that. Look at all the hard wired backdoors that we have only recently found out have been there for quite some time. It's just the next step...

Truth, also the next step for the American people is to be kept safely away in FEMA camps.
I saw a YouTube video about it, also had how 9/11 was planned by that terrorist Nostradamus.
7ata2yja.jpg

:trollface:

Smurf Eater

Donator Supreme!
Oh you guys are ridiculous :P The only reason why I could see this as a breakthrough in the short future, and many other things is because I understand just a tiny bit more than most people, how exponentially fast we are growing technologically, and the amount we are expanding is exponential to the exponential, so that's increasing exponentially as well. Extrapolate exponentially. :P TLDRDU: We're advancing quite fast in all areas of science and technology, and even finding new sciences we didn't know existed before.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I beg to differ. I see how easily you're swayed - any yahoo posts a half-baked youtube video on any conspiracy and you take it as fact.

But OG buckshot jr no one here can understand how fast technology is moving, nore where it's going compared to Smurf Eater. I mean he's just SUCH a visionary no one here is on his level.

Worse yet, you post it here as fact...
Basically, He should work for the Newspaper.
Step 1: Overreact.
Step 2: Blow the facts out of proportion and present a sensationalized version as true fact.
Step 3: Insult everyone who doesn't agree.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Basically, He should work for the Newspaper.
Step 1: Overreact.
Step 2: Blow the facts out of proportion and present a sensationalized version as true fact.
Step 3: Insult everyone who doesn't agree.

You should teach Journalism: The Abridged Version.
Step 4, of course, is profit from the publicity your public disagreements with rival "experts" creates. Followed by
Step 5 Back-pedal and deny and of course,
Step 6, find some brainless lackey to agree with everything you say who you can blame your ideas on when they are no longer vogue.

You are now prepared for a 14 month career in mass media. Enjoy.