• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

New Game On Steam: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies

What do you think of this new game?

• Total voters

ranger24

A Little Darkly
Um... After reading the review... id say gay.. Its free 2 play .. But its pay to win people are saying?

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
It's made by Nexon.
Bad game, end of story.

For those unaware, Nexon makes the most pay to win bullshit games ever including games like Maplestory, Combat Arms, and Vindictus. I'm actually back into Maplestory right now after quitting Tf2 and it's the worst game ever. It's a 2D mmorpg, which has unique pixel-anime artstyle along with all a ton of classes to choose from, sounds decent right? NO, IT'S NOT. I can tell you right now that Maplestory has a ton of issues which include millions of bugs, unbalanced bosses, unbalanced enemies, and bad programming.

You can choose from like 1000 classes (exaggeration) which include different skills (attacks) and uses different stats, but Nexon makes every single class so fucking underpowered that the only good one is a class called Zero which is easily the most unbalanced in the game. Why make a choice of classes when you can pick the one that does millions more damage than the other classes? Also, they don't tell you this so if you create one of the underpowered ones, you won't know until you've advanced far enough to not want to make another character.

Now about the pay to win issue, Maplestory is the fucking worst when it comes down to it. Like all mmorpgs, it has an ingame currency and an actual-money currency where you can buy whatever NPCs or players are selling throughout the game, sound decent right? NO, IT'S NOT. The game practically forces you to buy nexon (actual-money currency) and sell it to people who want it for a football field full of money, when players who can't afford nexon are just barely making their potion fees. Oh did I mention that? Mid to late game forces you to spend tons of money on potions which actually last pretty long, but since the poor people can't afford good equips they get their fucking asses handed to them and they use more potions which means they need more money that they don't have. I would get deeper into this money subject, but it's already too long.

Final major problem I want to talk about, the game's server system. Before creating a character you have about 20 servers to pick from that decide where your character will be saved in, and get this. YOU CAN'T FUCKING SWITCH YOUR CHARACTER ONCE YOU'VE CHOSEN. Do you realize the problems that are created when you do this? Veteran players like me are stuck in the fucking unpopulated servers with 2 people in them when the only 2 servers (Windia, and Bera) are full as fuck and just keep getting more players. I cannot believe you cannot switch, and that just ruins the game since most of the fun comes out of multiplayer, half the time you'll find every single town deserted and you feel like you're playing a singleplayer game unless you're in Winda and Bera.

There's so many more fucking problems with Maplestory that I want to get into, but it's not worth my time. This looks shit, and probably will be shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: nb

nb

DARKLY Regular
Ham, you used grammar + punctuation! :D

I'm so proud!

NOW DO IT FOR EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE YOU TYPE

AAA

A Little Darkly
Original CS GO was designed to be mod-able, and they even worked with gungame and zm modders to make it possible, the Nexon version looks like its still the old cz engine.

if you have GO, find ZM servers its practically the sme except better graphics.

The whole pay to win thing is because its more popular in Asian countries, where Nexon is more dominant. for Americas its more popular to buy the game, for them its more popular to go internet cafes and play games with micro transactions. hence why this one is pay 2 win.

The whole point of this game is like counter-strike online, nothing more than just market Valves potential into the asian markets.

*Nuclear_HAMSTER!*

A Little Darkly
We need some new zombie games that don't suck. There are too many that are all the same and most aren't multiplayer. Thanks for the review!

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
Original CS GO was designed to be mod-able, and they even worked with gungame and zm modders to make it possible, the Nexon version looks like its still the old cz engine.

if you have GO, find ZM servers its practically the sme except better graphics.

The whole pay to win thing is because its more popular in Asian countries, where Nexon is more dominant. for Americas its more popular to buy the game, for them its more popular to go internet cafes and play games with micro transactions. hence why this one is pay 2 win.

The whole point of this game is like counter-strike online, nothing more than just market Valves potential into the asian markets.
&
@DARKLY | Pixar's Ham quote nailed it in the head.

I tried it and it is nothing like CZ, what kind of scam has you use micro-transaction to add guns you're supposed to get by default? Not to mention the entire system just looks ridiculous.

Classes? :lolwut:

I can boot up CS 1.6 and CZ to have more fun than this.

Edit: Forgot to mention, OP, this game isn't new. I forget when it came out but it's been out by now.

Hotshot.exe

DARKLY Regular
It's definitely a game worth trying. I feel like I'm playing 1.5 all over again. Mouse sens lags in that game a little and not very smooth so -1 on that part. Crafting seems like a good idea, but a little confusing at first. Daily quests are pretty easy especially in pvp.