M4A4 | Howl becoming Contraband?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Only if the image was stolen.

The only reason Howl was turned contraband was because the original image was stolen by the "artist" and then used by him for a skin.
When Valve found out they altered the image slightly and stopped anymore from being made to avoid copyright issues.

I doubt that it's the same situation with Griffin.

ranger24

A Little Darkly
Well its been taken out of the workshop already.. Next step is remove it from the cases.. Which I see happening.. Unless the artist dose not care

We should be a little skeptical about this, the griffon skin isn't a coverted skin like the howl was and as such isn't as rare as the howl was when it got copy right claimed.

Hatton made a youtube video pointing out that something similar has happened to a sticker before (the "death waits for you" I think ) and it's possible that the griffon skin won't be turned into a covert skin and just have it's design changed and left as is, just like the sticker.

Still though I do think the price hike will stay just it won't be as dramatic as the Howl's

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Only if the image was stolen.

The only reason Howl was turned contraband was because the original image was stolen by the "artist" and then used by him for a skin.
When Valve found out they altered the image slightly and stopped anymore from being made to avoid copyright issues.

I doubt that it's the same situation with Griffin.
I'm so glad that everyone forgave my ignorance here.
I had no idea that the Griffin skin was also taken from another image.

Fork Included

TD Admin
okay so I still have no idea what is going on

someone Brains it for me, keeping in mind that I am still perplexed as to why skins and boxes are a thing worth money.

AAA

A Little Darkly
okay so I still have no idea what is going on

someone Brains it for me, keeping in mind that I am still perplexed as to why skins and boxes are a thing worth money.
previous skin "m4a4 howl" some guy copied someone elses art, got AIDs, valve removed it and made their own skin, got super expensive and rare.
this skin the griffin, came out, got AIDs, people think valve will do the same and make it rare.

AAA

A Little Darkly
the community creates them, but sometimes people steal other artists work and hope they dont get caught for it. Vavle just looks at the work thinking its legit and pick out the ones they like. theres tons of stolen art on the community workshop.

The artist finds out through others, or a google search, and files a DMCA. Valve then deletes the skin, and think of what to do with the stuff already in game.