can a mouse overheat/die?

Fork Included

TD Admin
i have an old razer deathadder, like really old, used and abused.

the last 3 days when I play FPS games after some time I start getting input lag/loss. Most noticeable with full-auto weapons where I hold down the button and the gun farts out 2-4 shots and then stops, then shoots another shot, or doesn't shoot again unless I tap it.

is my mouse dead? never in my life had I experienced something like this. Don't really feel like buying a new one :/

HappySticks™

TD Admin
I just remember a guy I traded with a long time ago had a razer mouse like that one and it just stopped working before he could hit accept.

Idk

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
i have a deathadder and it sucks
Scroll wheel is messed up and it lags sometimes
So maybe rip

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
It's common for the button mechanism to fail and the usual cause is double-click on single or plain old stuck. It's a common occurrence and plagued the best mouse every made, Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical/Explorer. You could de-solder the old switch and replace it with 1 of the many in the mouse itself or buying a new one. Another issue could be a cold solder joint (dull looking or broken) and you would need to re-solder it preferably using flux.

I never personally used a DeathAdder but I have a Mamba collecting dust which I think a relative left here and the lithium battery is bulging which usually a sign it's going to blow. I'm not willing to plug it in and find out.

I have an affinity for the Microsoft design and my current slew of mice have been from Zowie; EC1 currently. Their problem is the rubber coating they use dries and cracks. Maybe you're suppose to use mink oil to preserve it... Anyway, no mouse lasts for ever and rest assured today you can avoid cleaning the ball on a daily/weekly basis.

EDIT: A unknown mouse and probably the best palm grip gaming mouse (by design) is the HandShoe mouse because it prevents any drag by your hand touching the mouse pad with the benefit of keeping your mouse pad clean and wear free from the oils of your hand.

Last edited:

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Apparently it can
1333.jpg

Or did you mean this mau5

Deadmau5_cut.jpg

Hinouchi

TD Admin
i have an old razer deathadder, like really old, used and abused.

the last 3 days when I play FPS games after some time I start getting input lag/loss. Most noticeable with full-auto weapons where I hold down the button and the gun farts out 2-4 shots and then stops, then shoots another shot, or doesn't shoot again unless I tap it.

is my mouse dead? never in my life had I experienced something like this. Don't really feel like buying a new one :/
Sounds like the common double click issue. http://zalbee.intricus.net/2014/02/how-i-fixed-my-logitech-g500-mouse/ if you dare. I fixed my G5 couple weeks ago~ man was it a pain in the ass but it was WORTH IT~.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
Had a razer mouse once. Lasted about a year. Im with BJ on this matter

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
I got the g600 in white. Only problem is that the mouse wheel is to sensitive and u can accidentally hit it at first. Other than that, sick