nVIDIA GTX 970 Class Action

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ya I heard about the 970 fiasco. Apparently I've heard the VRAM doesn't double when in SLI, too, but I haven't even bothered to google that..

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
The Radeon R9 290's are all on sale with a discount of $100-150. As the saying goes kick them while they are down.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
I don't think many people fit a use case where they are going to need the full 4GB of VRAM, but it's still false advertising and shifty.

I don't buy the whole "miscommunication between the engineers and technical team" nVIDIA is trying to sell either.

Nickston

I'm New Here
Ya I heard about the 970 fiasco. Apparently I've heard the VRAM doesn't double when in SLI, too, but I haven't even bothered to google that..
I thought this never happened. The cards need to copy each other's VRAM to have the GPU's process alternate workloads, or there'll be synchronization issues.

Unless there was some development that allows SLI to use all the RAM available and I'm just being a caveman

I don't think many people fit a use case where they are going to need the full 4GB of VRAM, but it's still false advertising and shifty.

I don't buy the whole "miscommunication between the engineers and technical team" nVIDIA is trying to sell either.

Clearly a cover-up, yeah. How is there a miscommunication when the engineers would say "It's a 4GB card, but can only utilize 3.5GB to its fullest" ? There must have been some instruction to tell the media team to advertise it as a 4GB card. Plus, it's been a "4GB" card WAY too long after release. Surely some of the engineers would've noticed and said something to the media team?

thewhaleman

TD Admin
Case anyone is interested

I've had to do some serious research to find a new GPU, 970 is one of those options....Still haven't decided.