New rule suggestion

Lochnessmaster

DARKLY Regular
Often i see on the trade servers, there are heavies that are afk but they are beside the resupply locker and they are firing their minguns. this creates a very annoying noise that never stops unless somone rolls noclip and kills them or the map restarts. I feel that there should be some thing to prevent people from doing that. thanks

Dan!

DARKLY Regular
I agree, but it shouldn't make a whole new rule for it. It is something that should be insinuated to the player base. Maybe get things like "server spam" more enforced.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
@Lochnessmaster am pretty sure if anyone is doing it to annoy other players specifically, then staff can do something about it, but it would be very hard to distinguish between spam in spawn and spam whilst fighting or participating in server games. And by something, I mean like stripping them to melee as it is really not a big deal. I also suggest fiddling with your game sounds so mini guns aren't as obnoxious. Anyway, all in all; I agree with the sentiment but fail to see how a formal rule could be put in place to prevent it. Also barely enough people read the rules as is, some have even told me "tl;dr" etc about the rules, and the rules that are listed are sufficient in almost every way as far as I can tell. I simply find that adding in rules for things that aren't universally perceived as common sense is iffy. I know pans were removed to deal with sound spam, but they're not about to remove a class for sound spam. Do keep in mind that there are things that different staff members do differently, so maybe you can ask some of them if they would strip the heavy spammers to melee. But that simply requires a lot of grunt work for a very temporary solution.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
Also IDK how relevant this is to a rule suggestion or if links are allowed in forums chat (found it under news on google, so I assume it is fine), but @DARKLY | Pixar's Ham: http://www.christiantoday.com/article/half.life.3.make.e3.mini.appearance/55144.htm

No idea how credible this story is or how reliable the friend that sent it to me is, but yeah. Just please let this be credible and finally end the terrible jokes about HL3.

(P.S: Didn't know where forum rules were, so I didn't double check if links are allowed. If they aren't please tell me and I will remove it right away ASAP, thanks <3)

Jerk

A Little Darkly
No idea man, half life 4 just doesn't have the same ring to it, maybe we switch to tf3?

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Also, if the sound of the resupply cabinet is annoying, just push the afk player away from it...problem solved.

Reactions: Rei

Lochnessmaster

DARKLY Regular
Thats what i ussaly do anyways but thanks for all the comments. i may need to think things a bit more through but thanks