• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

READ ME A quick reminder for comments on applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Let me just take a moment to review the purpose of these threads - it isn't for non-staff to vote, what it is for is to provide staff or other players to comment on relevant info regarding the applicant, i.e. is nice on servers, runs from spycrabs, is very helpful, is a good/bad trader....

Who is approved or denied is 117% a Staff decision, and that discussion doesn't take place in the public view.

Remember that applications are left unlocked to give the community a chance at providing useful info regarding each applicant that staff may not see at a particular level on the servers. What we expect to see is constructive, useful, information (Objective Circumstance) that may promote or reject the applicant's view of their character in game but NOT a direct opinion on the applicant themselves (Subjective Perspective).

For example: knowing whether or not an applicant is active is great during the review process, however, it is largely inconsistent for each independent member of the community to be giving their personal perspective of what they've seen of the player activity wise in a single public app thread. These posts onward will be nuked on site. Each individual applicant is checked for activity periodically while their application is active anyway, and the general staff have a good idea of who is active and inactive on the servers without public comment.

As a general rule, anything not directed at the applicant is useless to the application process save for very special occasions. Anything useless will be removed. Don't be that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.