Anyone ever feel like...

$alvador

TD Member
the server has no fucking idea where you really are? I've been getting shot so much lately after already ducking behind cover :knockout: There's a wall in front of my face but it's not stopping the bullets AAAHHHH

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
I get shot when I'm already alround corners by bullets that never hit walls and before I've gone through doors and whatnot. Definitely annoying.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Yup, cock's got it. Source introduced interpolation to compensate for people with shitty machines and shitty servers, and made the p90 stronger, so all kinds of levels of retards have it easier spraying wildly with their p90's and get headshots like the pros and their "stupid" ak's.

*Please don't delete my posts.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Hit boxes, for teh lose.

Pre-fire, for teh win.

Thus proving my previous assertion from years ago that CS is BS.

Q.E.D.

Thanks for the intel.

perplexd

Banned
Ah , thanks for the video cock. I've always prefired, didn't realize how big of a change these hit boxes make.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
To make issues worse, people rate-hack which sends their hitbox all the fuck over the place making them purely impossible to hit.

$alvador

TD Member
I don't recall this being an issue when we were able to set our rates in CS:S but at some point an update killed that?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
So, are there proper settings we should be using these for better interpolation? (i.e. so we can pwn more?)

TKJ
Yes, check the links in my signature. All of the relevant info can be found there :)

@ Salvador - you can still set your own rates as long as they're within the server limits. You can always check the server limits for rates in console by typing: sv_minrate or sv_maxrate; sv_maxcmdrate or sv_mincmdrate; sv_maxupdaterate or sv_minupdaterate etc. Using the server's minimum and maximum limits, you can then begin to tailor your own rates to whatever you feel is best for you computer, connection etc. as long as your rates are within the server's defined max/min limits.

Hope this helps both of you :)

The Killing Joke

A Little Darkly
Hope this helps both of you :)

It does, thank you! I actually have my rates set via the links from a thread you posted in a while back, but I think I'm going to revisit it all to make sure. I always meant to mention - your "Optimize CS:S" link is dead, but the Interpolation link is ok. And while we're on this topic, send this info to Ram Sir, Ma'am. He was warping like a motherfucker last night.

TKJ

The Killing Joke

A Little Darkly
I'm going to re-write another one, more up to date, and save it on my own computer in case it "magically vanishes" again......

I'd really appreciate that! I know my own skills aren't anywhere close to up-to-par with some on the server, and I can only hope that it has something to do with the fact that my settings are causing me to aim five feet ahead of their hitbox.

:tongue:

TKJ