• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

EXPIRED Ban Appeal

liudvikam

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: liudvikam
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69583881
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #2 | (Trade Plaza)
Ban Reason: Exploit of Map/Game (actually, running commands I'm not supposed to be able to run)

State your case: Prior to the ban, I had recently received Level 1 Premium because I got 1000 kills. I was quite happy, and started using some premium commands (!resizeme, !friendly, etc.) and also changed my chat color and enabled the "[Premium]" prefix. I checked on DARKLY's page and I saw that I was actually getting access to some commands that should not be accessible with Level 1 Premium (such as !resizeme, !friendly, etc.). Then, another Premium player was informing me that I am not supposed to use these commands. I stated that I will continue using these commands unless a staff member tells me otherwise, because there is no specific rule that forbids using commands that should not be accessible. (Rule 1 (No Cheating Or Use Of Exploits.) states "This includes all hacks and cheats, phone or 3rd party communications ('ghosting'), skywalking, map exploits, or illegal scripts.". Using commands that I should be able to use is NOT listed there, and because of that, only Rule 6 (Follow The Instructions Of The Admin(s).) would apply then, provided a staff member instructed me to stop using those commands.) And also because it is more the server's fault rather than mine if they don't set up their permissions properly. Then, after some time playing on the server, I saw that there were staff members online. I said nothing to them. Then, I happened to Alt+Tab out of the game to do something else quickly and when I switched back, I saw a black screen. I thought that this was a bug because I Alt+Tabbed (sometimes, when I Alt+Tab out of the game, it crashes, freezes, or does not open). Then, I restarted TF2, only to find that I was banned for one week. I received no warning from staff, although I did receive some from other players, but ignored them, because TECHNICALLY I was not breaking any rules, unless I ignored a STAFF member's order, which I never received. I think this is unfair because I would have stopped using those commands immediately, provided a staff member ordered me to do that. I would like to be unbanned, as I really like playing and trading on DARKLY servers, and also because of the reasons stated above as well as the fact that my 1000 kills Premium bonus would go to waste. If I do not get unbanned, I will understand, but please, next time (if there is one), at least give the person a warning.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Same case as with Dooter. Not being blocked from doing it is not our way of saying you can do it. That argument doesn't work.

Normally, I'd be fine with lowering this, but then, I looked at your chat logs.
http://darkly.gameme.com/player_histories/chat/681528

Saying things like
"Sorry, there's no rule saying that I can't use command I'm not supposed to be able to use"
"I don't give a fuck" (in response to being told not to use commands you shouldn't have access to)

That doesn't sound like you were ready and willing to cooperate. Your chat logs show you spamming a lot of commands. Had you bothered to take 5 minutes and look into the issue instead of being greedy, you would not be banned. Instead of establishing a reputation as a helpful player on the servers, I now know to keep an eye on you as one who will take advantage of bugs and have no problem doing so. Unless you have a good reason for me to unban you, I'm pretty hesitant to do so.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
I checked on DARKLY's page and I saw that I was actually getting access to some commands that should not be accessible with Level 1 Premium (such as !resizeme, !friendly, etc.). Then, another Premium player was informing me that I am not supposed to use these commands.

(Rule 1 (No Cheating Or Use Of Exploits.) states "This includes all hacks and cheats, phone or 3rd party communications ('ghosting'), skywalking, map exploits, or illegal scripts.". Using commands that I should be able to use is NOT listed there, and because of that, only Rule 6 (Follow The Instructions Of The Admin(s).) would apply then, provided a staff member instructed me to stop using those commands.) And also because it is more the server's fault rather than mine if they don't set up their permissions properly. Then, after some time playing on the server,

I received no warning from staff, although I did receive some from other players, but ignored them, because TECHNICALLY I was not breaking any rules, unless I ignored a STAFF member's order, which I never received. I think this is unfair because I would have stopped using those commands immediately, provided a staff member ordered me to do that. I would like to be unbanned, as I really like playing and trading on DARKLY servers, and also because of the reasons stated above as well as the fact that my 1000 kills Premium bonus would go to waste. If I do not get unbanned, I will understand, but please, next time (if there is one), at least give the person a warning.

!. You start off saying you KNEW you were using commands you weren't supposed to, then followed that up with admitting other players had confirmed the same conclusion you found so obvious by checking the forums..

2. Then, through some absurd rationalization you try to turn this around to suggest that these rules don't apply to you unless you get a fucking engraved personal notification from staff....

3. Then, you further try to exempt yourself and try to blame the server staff for a malfunction caused by SourceMod on a server we help maintain and provide for you to play on for FREE....

Technically you were breaking the rules, and technically you knew it (See first bolded sentence).
As for giving a warning first - if reading it in the rules, looking it up on the forum, and multiple community members WARNING you - I am at a loss to imagine what manner of warning would be sufficient....

Actually, that's not true - the ban seems to have gotten your attention if nothing else did - which suggest to me at least that this might be the only method of encouraging compliance with our rules that you find persuasive, and as such any further issues should be addressed by this method as less extreme forms of feedback were recognized but ignored, by your own admission...