Best way to get back into unusual trading?

Dan!

DARKLY Regular
I used to have some nice unusuals half a year ago. I eventually downgraded all my stuff and got some cash. I want to get back up to the place I was at, but a struggling to make profit or find a way to do so. Anyone got any suggestions?

My backpack.

Tech45

Senior TF2 Admin
Cards, scams, outpost, the usual

Personally though, I just wait until I have enough to buy the thing I want rather than to make profit.

nb

DARKLY Regular
Get someone experienced to help you get back into unusual trading. For example, I let my good friend KiingB take my unusuals and my other expensive stuff to sell. Now, I have a 51$ bp.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
I was in the same situation as you a few months back.
I cashed out my max's head and a couple of ear buds but I wanted to get back into the groove.
This is what I do:
1. Go onto servers looking for good deals
2. Add people who need pure fast but don't necessarily care about selling their items for the full price. ( I have this guy that has a ton of crap and he sells me all of his stuff for 1 ref per item, usually giving me items worth 4-5 refined for 1. You have to do some resell but it adds up quickly. I tell him that whenever he needs pure I'm his guy.)
3. Always keep 1-2 keys in ref on you. If you need help starting off I can give you some of mine, or you can sell a couple of the stranges you don't need.
4. Any profit is good profit no matter how much you're making. Just think if you made like a rec a day for the whole year that would be .33 x 365 = ~120 which is 40 refined or 5 keys and the thing about that is that some days you are making more than a rec.... or closer to a ref.
5. The last thing is taking advantage of updates. The last update I made 6 keys off of people buying the new weps. You craft them for .66 and sell them for 4 ref each... Legit.

Hope this helped.