Diablo 3 Release Date

iSeize

TD Admin
wroooong. Bashiok stated that they are at the beginnning of the "Poiishing Stage" and a few major gameplay overhauls are due. The beta hasnt even gone completely open yet (not sure if they ever will) but it'd be a good sign that the game is close.

[Polishing] is making sure everything is perfect. We're not really in a strictly polishing phase yet though, although certainly that's true for some areas of the game. Still, we're in the process of working on some rather large game system changes, some of which we'll be sharing shortly before or with the next beta patch.

and

We probably won't end beta until shortly before release, and traditionally we've tried to announce release dates about two months before release. I couldn't speculate how invites might ramp up or down when the beta finally comes to a close, it definitely is not coming to a close yet though.

Pretty sure the reason for this is because the game hasnt yet received an 18+ rating in South Korea, it was just denied a rating for the 4th time this week.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/01/06/diablo-iii-rating-in-korea-delayed-for-the-fourth-time/

Nobody knows why but im speculating its because they see the Real Money Auctionhouse as a form of online gambling.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Beta is still seeing tons of changes implemented all the time. My buddy has been in the beta since december and notices abilities/skills are completely removed or completely overhauled on a weekly-ish basis. I'm pretty sure the devs at blizz want to ensure there will be no "cheating/hacking/exploiting" as well as making the characters and their abilities/spells balanced with respect to the others. Fun fuckin game, too bad lvl13 is the highest you can go with all the chars atm.

Rams

TD Admin
Release date probably tomorrow March 12, They the game is ready just polishing up and pvp won't be included during release

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
this game sounds shitty, just like d2 was. good luck wit that

Lacrimosa

TD Admin
I also have access to beta and D3 did not impress me at all. Graphic is not bad, but Old good Ragnarok Online is better in all other aspects )

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Fucking guys, games not even out yet and people are bashing it.

Wait 3 months after the release and you'll have an amazing game
Bliz has never dissapointed the masses.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
I agree that Blizz pretty much releases games that always become blockbusters and I have enjoyed every game they have released so far.

It just that my experience with the D3 beta (yes I know, it is only a BETA) has been extremely disappointing. While Bliz has changed and revamped the characters skill trees and mechanics (sometimes axing whole skill sets and creating new ones), the overall feel and pace of the game has not really captivated me yet. It almost feels more like a mashup of an MMO and RTS with both elements not really working together well. It just doesnt play like DI and DII imo, at least at this point in the beta. I have played all the characters and leveled them all to lvl 13. I like the demon hunter the most, but again, none of the characters or gameplay really kept me interested for too long.

I am sure the finished product for release will be great and polished....but I might be reluctant to pick the game up on release date or pre-order and wait for gamer reviews first

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I think most gamers are too wrapped around release dates and getting it immediately.

I learned my lesson with SC2 and BC2 wait till a sale comes out and buy it then.
Release dates are for suckers who like beta testing.

wh1te

TD Member
Bliz has never dissapointed the masses.

Until they started catering to whiners, complainers, children, and people who can't grasp 3+ keyboard button controls just for their support; i.e. Money. This is their new "mass". I tried the beta, found it very quick and unpromising of a full release potential. For a game this big named, I expected more, that's all :)

I am sure the finished product for release will be great and polished....but I might be reluctant to pick the game up on release date or pre-order and wait for gamer reviews first

Ill probably do that as well, is there a price tag yet?

TurboTaco

TD Admin
It used to be that a game released on release date was a game...you know, well-made, fairly bug-free, played trouble-free from beginning to end...

Nowadays tho, it seems all games on their release are full of bugs and glitches, engine inefficiencies; just problems all-round that require patch upon patch weeks, months or more beyond the release date.

Too much pressure from game producers on game developers to hash out a game n divvy it to the masses to reap in $ figures while addressing the gamers/customers long after they paid their $60-70 for an unfinished and unpolished product.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Nowadays tho, it seems all games on their release are full of bugs and glitches, engine inefficiencies; just problems all-round that require patch upon patch weeks, months or more beyond the release date.

This is pretty much how i feel as well about any game that comes out nowadays.