Effect of Marketable Promos

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
As of 9/17/14, a new quality was given to certain products that aren't craftable, or obtainable through the store. Notably, the "Limited" quality was given to Bill's, Buds and Max's Heads. Items with the "limited" quality can be placed on the SCM. This means you can buy promos with steam cash now, securing a safe method to obtain these with real currency. What effect, if any, will this have on the actual market value of the item?

I suspect their value will change, no way that traders will not find means to use this new tag to their advantage.

A drop is possible but I am uncertain at this point, but the fact of the matter is that now a means of safely trading them, could cause other currency items to fall in price.

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
I don't see why they would drop, but then again Bills n Buds still get scammed. Wouldn't surprise me if several that went missing were listed on the market, and with no way to verify where it came from due to the sheer amount of smurf accounts on the Steam Market as a whole, I suspect the price will change one way or the other.

If there are hoarders, which I am most certain there are, we'll see huge supplies come up outta nowhere. Like that cunt that was buying all the strange Gunslingers to sell off later once the salvaged crate was retired.

nb

DARKLY Regular
I wouldn't buy Promos from the market because they're overpriced like shit. Once the buds rise, tho, I'd buy it if they're still around 40$. Right now, I just buy pink/lime paint, and then sell those for a key each. It's cheaper.