NEWS Forum Upgrade + AIDS

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
If you haven't noticed, the forum is Brains/Spinny. We have upgraded to the latest forum software, something we were weary about doing, and now you know why. It broke the last theme (we could buy it again) and most plugins, so here we are.

There is a lot that needs fixing and tweaking, so please excuse any excessive AIDS for the next few days.

Checklist to treat AIDS:
  • Maybe bring back option for updated version of last theme as an option to users
  • Modify this Dark theme, add the Light version as an option to users
  • Fix that ugly ass front page portal
  • Get Lirbox showing properly in sidebar
  • Make all our stupid memes work on dark background
  • Continue to abuse Brains
If you can't see Lirbox yet, go to http://darklygaming.com/forum/chat/

The theme is responsive, so it will make the necessary design changes to fit on whatever display you're using. It will function much better for those of you who do not have Tapatalk (Android, iOS)

It's now 5:57am, I'm going to sleep. Rest in piss.

:deserve:

Last edited:

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
If you haven't noticed, the forum is Brains/Spinny. We have upgraded to the latest forum software, something we were weary about doing, and now you know why. It broke the last theme (we could buy it again) and a few plugins, so here we are.

There is a lot that needs fixing and tweaking, so please excuse any excessive AIDS for the next few days.

Checklist to treat AIDS:
  • Maybe bring back option for updated version of last theme as an option to users
  • Modify this Dark theme, add the Light version as an option to users
  • Fix that ugly ass front page portal
  • Get Lirbox showing properly in sidebar
  • Make all our stupid memes work on dark background
  • Continue to abuse Brains
If you can't see Lirbox yet, go to http://darklygaming.com/forum/chat/

The theme is responsive, so it will make the necessary design changes to fit on whatever display you're using. It will function much better for those of you who do not have Tapatalk (Android, iOS)

It's now 5:57am, I'm going to sleep. Rest in piss.

:deserve:
Eww wtf is this?? Forum is brains :notsure:

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
:megusta:

It's gonna go back to normal you derps. Everytime you upgrade forum versions, there are gonna be compatibility issues with the themes, plugins etc. SJ and I just have to iron things back to the way they were.
Although we should keep a derped version just for @Brains for the lols.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
:megusta:

It's gonna go back to normal you derps. Everytime you upgrade forum versions, there are gonna be compatibility issues with the themes, plugins etc. SJ and I just have to iron things back to the way they were.
Although we should keep a derped version just for @Brains for the lols.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
Lolol
Where's chatbox?

Sushicutter

TD Admin
Lirbox doesn't work for me... "Mysqli prepare error: Table 'darkly_xen.dark_taigachat_activity' doesn't exist" shows up instead

Glocky

Drinking your tears
At least the update only borked the themes, memes and minor stuff. If it had borked the database of users and posts .... ew.
:bleh:

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
I think I broke it when I attempted to change the theme back at the bottom of the page. :fffeel: