FTL...

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Hey anybody play this indie steam game called FTL?

It's fucking addicting. For 10 bux, I've already dumped 15 hours of gameplay in it.

It's hard to describe, effectively it is a top down space ship simulator, where you've got to manage your crew, navigate across the cosmos, upgrading your vessels. It's combat-centric, which takes place pretty much turn based.
The universe is completely random and there is no save feature. it's a ton of fun!

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Played it for a while and got into it while I was playing.
Not usually my kind of game but I definitely found it enjoyable.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
It's an amazing game for 10 bucks and free DLC.

The only thing I hate is that they released the game on Apple iShit, but not for Android. I would pay for this game again, if I can play this on an Nexus 7.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
It's fucking hard.

so, I've put maybe 10 hours or so into it, made it to the last boss, keep getting raped. ON EASY

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Just finished. Had the magic combo of 2 quick load ion guns with 3 weapon upgrades, hammered the fuck out of it.

I died in the process, mutual destruction, but the game awarded me the victory.

swan

DARKLY Regular
awesome game. got it down to a nice formula that wins every time though, so now the only challenge is finding and using all the weird alien ships.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Yeah, I've got the game pretty much figured now though.. easy as shit when you have crew teleporters and cloak.

Teleport crew onto missle gun bay, cloak just before anything major hits you, job done.

swan

DARKLY Regular
I've never even bothered with a teleporter. only cloaked once as well. for me, it's about massive shields and a perfect gun combo.
except for that damn fire beam. it's the best gun ever for the entire game expect for the boss. burned out the entire crew just to have a message pop up saying "the ship keeps fighting on its own automated system" or some bullshit. have never been more pissed.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
you can teleport your crew into whatever gun pod you want, (depending on your arraignment (drones, etc)) and take it down in under 20 secs, and it won't ever restore (unless all crew are dead).

then, the ship sits there inert until you pick at it

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Yeah, it was a breeze to make it to the end boss, but then rapey rapey time happened. I actually had to unlock a couple of ships to figure out how the hell to beat it.

but Leroy's quick and dirty success

Early - Mid
2 shields
Teleporter

Late
4 shields
Teleporter
Cloak
High engines

My optimal rollout was (I smoked him, never took a single hit)
Teleporter
cloak
Clone bay
Zoltan bypass
4 shields
high defense
I left my two teleporter crews in the gun pod then systematically destroy the crew. Usually a bad thing because the ship will auto regenerate but my crew in the gun pod prevented that. Then after 17 minutes of wearing away at the shields with one engi, it was good times

the biggest advise I can give, is to head TOWARDS nebula's. the fleet progresses so slowly you can farm like a mother fucker and build a beast mode ship mid way through the game. then it's all about getting your weapons timing and ranking up your crew.

fun times though.

I just wish there were more ways to beat the end boss, I haven't figured out any other combination that works worth a damn

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Victory!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407353927.973728.jpg

Did things completely different than Leroy

Went with an Engi ship
Dual ion canon, burst laser 2
Defence drone 2, and two attack drones.

Made it to the 5th stage with no upgrades, just one attack drone and one ion canon