• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

DENIED Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Shrooms

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: Multiple alias, most commonly known as kennyshrooms
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42753770
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: Server 2
Ban Reason: "Being a Cock Sucker"

State your case:

Hi, it's been a while.

I would like to start off by saying I know my faults in this. I know every thing I've done up to this point and I full admit to all of it. That being said I would like to move on like the rest of time has.

It seems the admin shenanigans have been ceased so I would like to be just as clear with the newest administration as possible to refrain from this getting to be a heated thread.

Other than what was my "official" ban, I have been lurking here and there with alt accounts as every one knows. During this time I received a variety of ban reasons. From smack talking admins to hacking.

I'll admit to being a displeasure to deal with. But this does not deter what I have as truth. This truth was told in a discord call that I had with multiple admins in it.

1. I'm quite obviously not hacking.

2. Fear the elderly has been stripped of powers which gives me hope in this community. With Fear around the server became very soulless and full of odd rules that never lined up correctly when you questioned them. Because believe it or not people can ask questions like that, and you cannot just shrug it off as "Ignoring the admin" because you are killing the server. You cannot kick people out of games because of selfish reasons and then give no answer. This is not how administration works. We have learned how this kills the servers by the flow of traffic on server 2. As we we're recalling, the servers used to have quite an abundant fan base until said admins arrived.

You'll have to forgive my memory of the discord call itself as it has been some time since we had it, and if some admins could give the proper foundation to my claim I would greatly appreciate it <3.

I have a lot of friends that I would like join on the server to have a nice place to talk and relax. I'm not here to cause trouble or cause some sort of riot. I have a life outside of this small issue, so I don't even have the energy to put forth such awful behaviour anymore.

I appreciate any and all feedback, and thank you.

TankClash

TF2 Staff | Chief Peon
1.It was not Fear you had you banned it was me.

2.Fear still retains the same level of power as he's had since you were last here.

3. So if you feel you've learned your lesson I'd be more than happy to grant you a second chance, Respect and listen to admins.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
1.It was not Fear you had you banned it was me.

2.Fear still retains the same level of power as he's had since you were last here.

3. So if you feel you've learned your lesson I'd be more than happy to grant you a second chance, Respect and listen to admins.

He was perm-banned originally by Fiend...though he has been banned a number of times by several different admins, myself included - I can appreciate why it's hard to keep up with.

Last edited:

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
See, I just really don't know man. I really liked you back in the day, really respected how you and Dooter fought to get what you guys thought the Darkly community deserved from the staff, but I think at one point it just spiraled out of control and became you yelling at other staff over the microphone and interrupting people that were trying to enjoy the server. I personally think your initial bans weren't discussed because they were minor offenses, but the way you handled it was just really shitty, and it was an extremely slippery slope from then on.

Back when server one was populated, that was your thing, like every single day, and I think you rocked it too. The only issue back then is that servers like #1 were a bit understaffed before I became a staff member, and I saw a lot of shit happen that nobody on #2 would let slide. I think one of the main things that really threw you and Dooter off the rails was server #1 being taken off the grid, which caused you guys to have to assimilate into the #2 community. It took Dooter sometime, but I just don't know if you ever made it there all of the way. I will say that it really takes dedication from a player to hang around after they have been pushed away from a community for that long, so I will give you that, and in retrospect, I think your whole situation could have been handled better from both parties because there were and still are staff that do not fully understand how to moderate the servers, but what you have to understand is you have to let the seniors handle that kind of stuff, and I personally feel as though we are able to handle things much more quickly now than we were before. I understand how it could have been frustrating back then.

Now, I will put all of that in the past, forget all of that stuff, this is what I'm worried about now

Other than what was my "official" ban, I have been lurking here and there with alt accounts as every one knows. During this time I received a variety of ban reasons. From smack talking admins to hacking.

If you've been lurking with alt accounts, that's a direct violation of our rules. No matter how you put it, circumventing our ban system isn't okay, and it's something I will not excuse. I personally would like you to post every single alt account you've ever had replying to this because the aforementioned staff member that currently does not have high admin privileges is still undergoing a process by me and a few others personally, and we have treated every account he has banned for hacking without proof as separate cases. If he has been constantly banning your accounts without proof, I'd like to know to clarify things.

If you're still "smack talking" staff, I don't want to see you on the servers. You're not better than anyone that is apart of the Darkly Community, period. You may have an issue with the way someone handles a certain situation on the servers, but you may not call them out on the spot for it. They will just end up banning your ass like they have in the past. I am available 24/ fucking 7 if anyone wants to come complain, bitch, moan, shit on anything and anyone on the servers, but you may not act on your high horse to those that you have issues with. It's not going to be fixed that way.

I would like to see how you respond to this, before I consider anything further.

Last edited:

Keskele

Senior TF2 Staff
Kenny Kenny Kenny...welcome back. Here's my 2 cents on the issue....

I would like to start off by saying I know my faults in this. I know every thing I've done up to this point and I full admit to all of it. That being said I would like to move on like the rest of time has.

Glad to hear you admit it, we're off to a good start. Let's address the points you have made.

1. I'm quite obviously not hacking.

I'll give you this one, I've never had reason to think you are hacking.

2. Fear the elderly has been stripped of powers which gives me hope in this community. With Fear around the server became very soulless and full of odd rules that never lined up correctly when you questioned them. Because believe it or not people can ask questions like that, and you cannot just shrug it off as "Ignoring the admin" because you are killing the server. You cannot kick people out of games because of selfish reasons and then give no answer. This is not how administration works. We have learned how this kills the servers by the flow of traffic on server 2. As we we're recalling, the servers used to have quite an abundant fan base until said admins arrived.

There were some issues with Fear, it's not a huge secret, and those issues were addressed by staff. As far as I'm concerned that subject is now closed to discussion. Many of us knew that you and Fear had problems and many times those problems got heated and ended up badly. While you may not of agreed with many of Fear's decisions concerning server policy, you've been around Darkly long enough to know that getting into a pissing match with a staff member isn't going to do anyone any good and certainly not how you should handle something you feel is wrong. At any time you could of approached another staff member and spoke to them about the matter. Fear is a reasonable person when it comes down to it, I can guarantee that at no time did he have some kind of personal vendetta regarding you.

The long and short of it Kenny is that it isn't somehow Fear's fault you were banned. You were just an asshole a lot of the time and almost went out of your way to cause problems and break rules. As you said above, "I know my faults in this." and that's exactly what it is, your fault. You received more than enough chances to correct your actions and just chill out...a hell of a lot more chances than most get. Cmp put his neck on the line a ton of times in your defense hoping you would chill out. Unfortunately you had to be perma-banned to get the point across.

So where do we stand right now? As of lately Kenny I've seen nothing but good things from you. We've talked and played together and from what I've seen I have no doubt that you've changed for the better. Like I said, you've been around darkly for a long time and would like to see you come back again. Have no illusions though, you have an uphill battle ahead of you. As of right now I'm gonna hold of on my decisions until I have some talks with some people. I wish you the best of luck on this appeal man...you're gonna need it.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
So let me just come right out and ask - how much of the trouble you have had here is clearly your fault?

Reactions: Rei

Kenny Shrooms

I'm New Here
I've come to the conclusion that my perma ban is earned, and not something I can just ask to be relieved. You may lock this thread whenever. I apologize for the time I've wasted.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Now hold on, no one is saying you can't be unbanned. If that was the case, I would have told you not to bother in Discord yesterday. If I'm understanding the others' posts correctly, they want you to realize that this was brought on by your actions and not anyone else's. If you felt like you were being targeted, it's probably because you were under a microscope for continually being a dick.

It sucked seeing all this happen, Kenny. I considered you a good buddy and a great person to have around as part of the community. I can't even remember how many hackers and assholes I banned because you shot me a line saying "Hey, there's this guy on 1 being a dick." Not to sound too self-serving, but as Keskele mentioned, I stuck my neck out for you because you'd already proven to me that you were a huge asset to have around. I don't do that for just anyone. If you didn't have that history of being such a big help, you'd have been permbanned a long time ago and I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

I want to see you around again, man. It was such a relief knowing that I had another set of eyes and ears on the servers that would let me know when shit went down and you were always a chill guy to talk with.

I'll give you my endorsement for one more chance. Should that be granted, I hope you make the most of it. Good luck, Kenny.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
I've come to the conclusion that my perma ban is earned, and not something I can just ask to be relieved. You may lock this thread whenever. I apologize for the time I've wasted.

I have to agree with Cmp here - we are still talking.

I must admit some reluctance to lifting your ban, however I recognize that Cmp felt you were worth the effort of standing up for, and I trust his judgement, and after talking with Dooter and a couple of other people, all of who seem to think you are worth another chance I am paying attention, however....

From our first interaction you have been abrasive, you go out of your way to provoke people - and then seem somehow surprised that they react negatively to you. Thing is, even if you think you are right - when you go out of the way to create combative confrontations - people cease to give much of a shit what you thought your point was - I want to know that you actually understand that this pretty basic dynamic is what's happening here. I want to know that this kind of behavior is behind you - we don't want it here.

What I want from you is a basic acknowledgement that you know you were in control of how your relationship to the community played out.
What I want from you is a basic acknowledgement that you are in control of how this appeal plays out.
When you you can tell me why that is I will withdraw any objection to lifting your ban.

TankClash

TF2 Staff | Chief Peon
As I stated, personally I would allow you another shot here, however... it did only take me a few days when I noticed you to decided that hammer needed to come down... hard.

So...

What we want from you is basically the same thing that applies to all players on the server when they connect, a contractual obligation to agree to certain conditions that normally apply to any player connecting to the darkly servers(duh) that if not met will receive repercussions at a moments notice, show some respect for other players on the servers are well as the darkly staff and follow the rules, and there won't be any problems.

Looking for loop holes and other crazyness to be the troll you were known for will not be acceptable.

Only agreeing to these terms can we allow you to keep playing here.

If you feel you can't do this or disagree to this, than we can't accept the appeal, period.

I hope we've made this as clear as crystal for you... The rest is up to you now, show me who you really are.

Thanatos

TD Member
If you've been lurking with alt accounts, that's a direct violation of our rules. No matter how you put it, circumventing our ban system isn't okay, and it's something I will not excuse. I personally would like you to post every single alt account you've ever had

This x2. If you want to come back officially it's time to come clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.