Help Getting Server Started

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
We need a few people who wouldn't mind idling our two Insurgency servers during the day to get them started. It takes virtually no effort to fill these things most of the time. Our first server fills with just LB sitting there in spec.

Unlike CS:GO, Insurgency allows pub servers to act as MatchMaking servers. So as soon as there are one or two people idling, the game starts filling our ass up with cock players.

If you don't want your PC running this shit all day I can easily kick you from my phone once server gets going.

Servers Info:
Toronto Darkly | Mixed Modes #1 | darklygaming.com
216.52.143.182:27015 (32 slots) JOIN!

Toronto Darkly | Mixed Modes #2 | darklygaming.com
162.248.88.214:27015 (32 slots) JOIN!

Last edited:

Janus408

Insurgency Admin
So aside from jerking someone off, is there any way to earn admin rights to Darkly Push 1 or 2?

I play both of those servers a lot, currently #4 or 5 in the top10 - so I do play a ton and don't totally suck. Really these are the only two servers I play on anymore, and it would be nice to keep them active and have someone to kick people that blast their mic's intentionally trying to piss people off (steam sale / Humble bundle funkids).

You guys have no voting functions - and far too often the map rotation/voting goes like this: Buhriz -> Station -> Sinjar -> Buhriz -> Siege -> Buhriz -> Sinjar -> Siege -> Siege -> Siege -> Siege, etc etc /wrist /wrist.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
So aside from jerking someone off, is there any way to earn admin rights to Darkly Push 1 or 2?

I play both of those servers a lot, currently #4 or 5 in the top10 - so I do play a ton and don't totally suck. Really these are the only two servers I play on anymore, and it would be nice to keep them active and have someone to kick people that blast their mic's intentionally trying to piss people off (steam sale / Humble bundle funkids).

You guys have no voting functions - and far too often the map rotation/voting goes like this: Buhriz -> Station -> Sinjar -> Buhriz -> Siege -> Buhriz -> Sinjar -> Siege -> Siege -> Siege -> Siege, etc etc /wrist /wrist.

Jerking each other off... :datass: but yea there are ways to get admin. I think all our current admins are TD members but not sure how often they play INS so we are definitely open to the idea of having more admins or recruit for INS.

So what kind of voting system would you like to see in place? Isn't there a stock map voting system at the end of played map?

Janus408

Insurgency Admin
"So what kind of voting system would you like to see in place?"

Many servers have a vote system during the match that includes things like 'kick AFK player,' scramble teams, swap teams, restart match, replay match, vote next map as X, etc. Not saying you need all of those by any means, but being able to remove AFK players, especially when you have 4 people afk during a 10v10 match can be a game killer. On more than one occasion I have watched it empty out the server. 4 AFK defenders on a fast map like Siege means the Offense is going to steamroll. Say it is 10v10, 4 AFK Defenders, and 3-4 of the Defenders are pissed they got steamrolled with AFK teammates, so they leave. And then after a few minutes of the next round the 4 AFK players get the auto-kick, so now what was 10v10 dropped to 6v10, auto balanced to 8v8, 4 AFKs get kicked, now its 4v8, auto balanced to 6v6, a bunch of people are pissed about A) server dropping population, B) getting moved teams, C) having their team disappear - and now the server is empty.

I feel like it actually happens a lot.

"Isn't there a stock map voting system at the end of played map?"

There is. But because there is a decent amount of turnover with players, new groups that weren't playing 2 maps ago push for that map to be played. But if you've been playing for an hour, like I do, you see every 3rd or 4th map being played over, and over again, with close votes (off by 1-2) for a map the server hasn't played in hours. Some maps dont get touched, even though they have a decent amount of votes for them, because new joiners want to play their usual favorites (Buhriz, Siege, Station).

It gets old, so you feel like you cant play on the Darkly server that long because you wont play anything beyond 5 maps in an endless rotation. Panj, Siege, Buhriz, and Sinjar is probably 90% of your map rotation right now. I am willing to bet Sinjar alone gets played more than Revolt, Peak and Market combined.

Which would be fine if those maps were garbage and no one ever wanted to play them. But Peak will have 8 votes for it, and Buhriz wins with 9-10 even though the server played it 2 maps ago.

Not here to piss and moan though. I like the servers. I like some of the other regulars I have run into. I just want to see them improve.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
"So what kind of voting system would you like to see in place?"

Many servers have a vote system during the match that includes things like 'kick AFK player,' scramble teams, swap teams, restart match, replay match, vote next map as X, etc. Not saying you need all of those by any means, but being able to remove AFK players, especially when you have 4 people afk during a 10v10 match can be a game killer. On more than one occasion I have watched it empty out the server. 4 AFK defenders on a fast map like Siege means the Offense is going to steamroll. Say it is 10v10, 4 AFK Defenders, and 3-4 of the Defenders are pissed they got steamrolled with AFK teammates, so they leave. And then after a few minutes of the next round the 4 AFK players get the auto-kick, so now what was 10v10 dropped to 6v10, auto balanced to 8v8, 4 AFKs get kicked, now its 4v8, auto balanced to 6v6, a bunch of people are pissed about A) server dropping population, B) getting moved teams, C) having their team disappear - and now the server is empty.

I feel like it actually happens a lot.

"Isn't there a stock map voting system at the end of played map?"

There is. But because there is a decent amount of turnover with players, new groups that weren't playing 2 maps ago push for that map to be played. But if you've been playing for an hour, like I do, you see every 3rd or 4th map being played over, and over again, with close votes (off by 1-2) for a map the server hasn't played in hours. Some maps dont get touched, even though they have a decent amount of votes for them, because new joiners want to play their usual favorites (Buhriz, Siege, Station).

It gets old, so you feel like you cant play on the Darkly server that long because you wont play anything beyond 5 maps in an endless rotation. Panj, Siege, Buhriz, and Sinjar is probably 90% of your map rotation right now. I am willing to bet Sinjar alone gets played more than Revolt, Peak and Market combined.

Which would be fine if those maps were garbage and no one ever wanted to play them. But Peak will have 8 votes for it, and Buhriz wins with 9-10 even though the server played it 2 maps ago.

Not here to piss and moan though. I like the servers. I like some of the other regulars I have run into. I just want to see them improve.

Thanks for the feedback! I will look for the plugins.

You can put your formal admin application here: http://darklygaming.com/forum/forums/admin-applications.166/

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
I still play Insurgency about an hour a day, luckily there isnt much admin needed outside of kicking afks only ever seen 1 hacker. Yes there are mic spammers but most of them stop outside of the end round Snackbar routine. Thats just what i see when i play, I dont play as much as Janus does. Janus add me on steam if you need someone to come kick/ban "blacktigers89"