• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

I Quit Drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
yeah, sorry to hear about that MR....

but I agree, anyone who decides to drive hammered or drunk is a complete moron and deserves whats coming to them. I have more sympathy for the passengers but come on, even they should know better than to get into a car with some stupid drunk ass bitch. Well anyways, I hope no one else died in the car, espcially the driver, so she can be haunted about it for life! stupid fuckin people

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
[quote1227071398=vinny paz]
Hopefully the funeral won't be on Sunday MR, we have a match. Remember.
[/quote1227071398]
haha vinny, so in sensitive lol! jk, i know you didn't mean it.

thats not fun M R, i lost a friend who hit a stray horse on the highway at night.
sorry to hear about your loss man.

.44 caliber

TD Admin
[quote1227073976=Fork Included]
drinking is okay

drinking and driving, is okay

getting DRUNK all the time is... borderline

drinking while DRUNK, is most definetly not okay

Your friend made a choice MR, to get into a car with a drunk, dont bully yourself over it.
[/quote1227073976]

you're a tool Fork....

Sorry to hear about that MR, I lost a friend in my grade 12 year of high school. He passed out in a ditch and drowned while face down in 2 inches of water. I didnt wanna drink ever again after that either, but eventually you'll realize that it wasn't alcohol that killed him but the way it was used. But life goes on, may your friend rest in peace.

auron

TD Admin
Sorry to hear that MR. It's shit like that that makes me happy I don't drink. I've been trying to get you to stop for a while now and I hope you finally do. The thing that most people have to realize is that only bad comes from drinking. Sure, you might have some "fun" but nothing that you can't do without alcohol.

Anyway, sorry for your and your friend's family's loss.

DrUgZ

TD Admin
fuck that sucks bigtime man i know how you feel. ive lost several friends over the years to the same circumstances. Although at that age you don't expect to run into this kind of stuff yet but one incident will open your eyes to the big picture. I can guarantee that someone else that you know will wind up in the same situation, it's just a part of life.

Don't let it get you down tho man, he made the choice to get in that car, not you. If you do end up quitting drinking, thats great man, there's alot more to life than getting wasted. but if you do decided to pick it up again in a few years, just keep your friend in mind every time you are leaving that bar. His death can save your life.

marinerevenge

TD Member
Appreciate the serious responses from those who gave one.

I'm not going to dwell on this, but i just decided at least until i'm of age i'm going to refrain from drinking.

The sad thing is really this, the guy is 24 so it's not like i saw him every day at school. He always had the worst luck but he was like a father to my friends and myself. He always threw the parties for us, he let us stay at his house. He watched out for us and always took the blame if something went down.

My parents don't know this guy exists obviously, because i had to hide it from them, and i never met his family, so when there is a funeral i won't be able to attend. I have never met anyone in his family so it's not like i could find a way to work around the whole situation.

The guy was always doing his best to keep us out of trouble and let us have some fun, i'm gonna miss his great out look on life, and the way he treated us kids even though we are all 16-20 years old.

That's the saddest part really.

But thanks again everyone. It does mean alot that even though you've never met me face to face, you would take the time to share your thoughts.

marinerevenge

TD Member
No, Derek is the friend from school. He is the one i was drinking with after i left Joe's house.

Joe is the one who died, he is 24. Derek is 17.

MR i've been there man.. same shoes yer in , and you are doing the best thing you should do.. as some of you know i'm a bartender by trade.. and i drink enough myself.. but unlike a lot of guys my age.. i dont drink to get drunk.. i drink to relaz and have fun.. and i know when not to drink.. but the ultimate key to keeping your own ass outtah a lot of trouble.. is respect it.. alcohol is a VERY powerful drug.. and most people dont realize this... i can't count the number of times i've actually called the cops because i saw someone weaving really badly ahead of me on the road.. matter of fact i had to last night on the way home.. i've lost a lot of friends to various effects of alcohol.. and theres nothing you can do about this.. it really was that dumb bitch's fault.. she should NOT have had keys.. and it really is the worst situation when the passenger is killed but the intoxicated drives stays alive and gets the chance to do it again...

Pwnion

TD Member
Oh man, that's a tough story to swallow. I can't say any drunk driver is dumb cause I've driven drunk quite a few times. I know you sorta blame urself now and feel bad. Just remember, you don't have to stop drinking, hell, I'm sure your friend wouldn't want you to stop on his account. But always enjoy RESPONSIBLY!!! can be hard to do, I know, but we all gotta try. Again, sorry to hear about this dude! Stay Strong!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1227222869=MarineRevenge]

I'm not going to dwell on this, but i just decided at least until i'm of age i'm going to refrain from drinking.

The sad thing is really this, the guy is 24 so it's not like i saw him every day at school. He always had the worst luck but he was like a father to my friends and myself. He always threw the parties for us, he let us stay at his house. He watched out for us and always took the blame if something went down.

My parents don't know this guy exists obviously, because i had to hide it from them, and i never met his family, so when there is a funeral i won't be able to attend. I have never met anyone in his family so it's not like i could find a way to work around the whole situation.

The guy was always doing his best to keep us out of trouble and let us have some fun, i'm gonna miss his great out look on life, and the way he treated us kids even though we are all 16-20 years old.

But thanks again everyone. It does mean alot that even though you've never met me face to face, you would take the time to share your thoughts.
[/quote1227222869]

Hey MR, if you really want to attend the funeral, than do so... attending will only show his parents how much he was loved and by how many.. they will only appreciate it man... If, by some very odd chance, someone from the family asks, you can just tell the truth.. that he was your friend. Do it for him man.. I know it's hard, but I'd go 100%

crojon

I'm New Here
[quote1227229455=OG buckshot jr]
Hey MR, if you really want to attend the funeral, than do so... attending will only show his parents how much he was loved and by how many.. they will only appreciate it man... If, by some very odd chance, someone from the family asks, you can just tell the truth.. that he was your friend. Do it for him man.. I know it's hard, but I'd go 100%
[/quote1227229455]

Well said, and if you do feel uncomfortable going... bring another friend who was close with him.

APESJIT

TD Member
very sorry to hear that marine.. I have lost family to drunk drivers, so I stick with beating the living shit out of anyone who is waay to tanked to drive and tries to leave one of my parties in their car.

marinerevenge

TD Member
[quote1227307520=OG buckshot jr]

[/quote1227222869]

[/quote1227307520]

I can't go because i've never met his family, seeing as how he was 24 and my friends and i are 16-19 it wasn't like he could take us to their houses.

I have no idea how to reach his family and he lived with a couple other people, he was renting a room so i dunno, maybe i can get in touch with his family through them somehow.

It's kind of a long shot and as much as i'd like to attend i don't see it happening. It's not very optimistic but i've been pretty much a downer all week.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
stop being a downer and go to the funeral. I would bet it is listed in your local newspaper and I don't see why you cannot introduce yourself to the family as a friend of this guy. They would appreciate the fact he had been in tune with so many people it would help ease their burden.

You're just disrespecting your friend at an important stage your in life. Go to the funeral, find a way and go.

auron

TD Admin
[quote1227317791=TurboTaco]
stop being a downer and go to the funeral. I would bet it is listed in your local newspaper and I don't see why you cannot introduce yourself to the family as a friend of this guy. They would appreciate the fact he had been in tune with so many people it would help ease their burden.

You're just disrespecting your friend at an important stage your in life. Go to the funeral, find a way and go.
[/quote1227317791]
He's not disrespecting anyone.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1227337774=MarineRevenge]
[quote1227307520=OG buckshot jr]

[/quote1227222869]

[/quote1227307520]

I can't go because i've never met his family, seeing as how he was 24 and my friends and i are 16-19 it wasn't like he could take us to their houses.

I have no idea how to reach his family and he lived with a couple other people, he was renting a room so i dunno, maybe i can get in touch with his family through them somehow.

It's kind of a long shot and as much as i'd like to attend i don't see it happening. It's not very optimistic but i've been pretty much a downer all week.
[/quote1227337774]

Hey, very quickly... I've been to too many funerals, and the way they work, is there's tons of people, you walk in, pay your respects (no speeches in Croatian culture, but others maybe)... find out what time it is, and go 20-30 mins in, no one will even notice you among the crowd, trust me. Bad analogy but: It's as easy as crashing a wedding after dinner's been served and everyone's up and about - and YES, I've done that a few times!

so trust man... I know you'll find the courage to go.. either way, I hope everything hurts as least as possible..

one love

Status
Not open for further replies.