Is firing a weapon over and over an offense?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
There is a guy called aqqles in the blue spawn on the server I am in just standing near the supply cupboard and firing his rocket launcher over and over again.
Is this a bannable/kickable offense?
Cause it's quite annoying when you're standing in the spawn and all you hear over and over again is rockets being fired...
Can it be classed as mic spamming or something similar?
Just wondering.

He wont respond to me, I've asked him nicely to stop but no answer.

Olst

TD Admin / Queerbécois
Technically, I don't think so.
The game by itself is meant to hear rockets and bullets.

IMO, if you can't stand it, turn off your sound or find another spot in the map.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I guess you're right..
It was pretty annoying though haha

He stopped 2 mins after I posted this.
I was just curious though, wasn't sure so I thought I would ask out of interest.

I thought it would be similar to mic spamming, seeing as everyone would hear the repeated sound of the rockets being fired.
It's just mainly annoying while you're in a trade and stood in spawn.

He is using a bot command which is weapon+1, or a variant of it.

He can be kicked for that as it has been causing questionable lag spikes on the Chicago #2 server, I removed someone from there for doing it, then gave them the day off for coming back and doing it again.

Its annoying and there shouldn't be a reason to be using those commands.

He is using a bot command which is weapon+1, or a variant of it.

He can be kicked for that as it has been causing questionable lag spikes on the Chicago #2 server
So are some of these hackers causing the lag on the Chicago servers. Doesn't really matter to me i get better ping but know that people have to switch to toronto and say the servers aren't fun.

So are some of these hackers causing the lag on the Chicago servers. Doesn't really matter to me i get better ping but know that people have to switch to toronto and say the servers aren't fun.

They are not the direct cause, but they can make current lag worse for several of our players.

You should ping LB or SJ about the current status, as I can't give an accurate answer.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker

They are not the direct cause, but they can make current lag worse for several of our players.

You should ping LB or SJ about the current status, as I can't give an accurate answer.

Lag wasn't the problem for me, it's just the sound of it.
Constantly hearing bullets or rockets in your ears when you have a headset on can hurt after a while.
And i'm sure it isn't healthy for my ear drums :P

Lag wasn't the problem for me, it's just the sound of it.
Constantly hearing bullets or rockets in your ears when you have a headset on can hurt after a while.
And i'm sure it isn't healthy for my ear drums :P

No it isn't that's why I offered to help since I love the DARKLY servers so much, the only thing that's bothering me is pop-star rejects.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
No it isn't that's why I offered to help since I love the DARKLY servers so much, the only thing that's bothering me is pop-star rejects.

Yes and since you're one of the only TF2 Admins I even know about around here, I would love to help around too.
Which is why I applied xD

Pop-Star rejects?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Miley Cyrus. Rebecca Black. Justin Bieber. Should I go on?

Hah!
I wasn't thinking about anything like that.
I thought maybe he meant those self-important people on servers that think they own the place.

Like once there was a person talking, and someone cut him off so the person said, in the most snobbish voice. 'Excuse me, I was talking, you do not talk while I am talking, that is very rude and I think you should burn in hell for it. Now if you don't mind, I am going to carry on talking without interruption.'

Once he started talking everyone started making random noises to shut him up.
People like that annoy me, the first guy I mean.

No no no, nothing like that...let me show you.

http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/s...n-Request-(ASSBOT)RAAAGE-3-STEAM_0-0-48668515

Feel free to browse around some of the bans I created, just be ready to lower the volume on your speakers/head sets, you have been warned, you have been warned.

I...I don't wanna...