Lag on the CS:GO server

Arc

TD Member
Hey all,

Playing right now on the server, everyone is getting lots of lag on piranesi and the server is emptying out. I don't think it's just me as everyone is complaining about it.

Wanted to let you guys know in case something is happening with the server.

Arc

kts

TD Admin
Hey was wondering when people start getting lag spikes, does this start spamming their console?
Can't change cl_mouselook when playing, disconnect from the server or switch team to spectators
Can't change cl_updaterate when playing, disconnect from the server or switch team to spectators
Can't change replicated ConVar func_break_max_pieces from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sk_autoaim_mode from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_noclipaccelerate from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_noclipspeed from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_skyname from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_specaccelerate from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_specnoclip from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_specspeed from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Unknown command: cl_thirdperson
Unknown command: tr_best_course_time
Unknown command: tr_completed_training
Unknown command: weapon_accuracy_logging
It has happened to me twice in one day, and it's feels like a huge fps lag but it's coming from my console, also at the time other people were not lagging, was wondering if it was a new update or something. It's really weird. and lasts for a few minutes.

Gunblade

TD Admin
Hey was wondering when people start getting lag spikes, does this start spamming their console?
Can't change cl_mouselook when playing, disconnect from the server or switch team to spectators
Can't change cl_updaterate when playing, disconnect from the server or switch team to spectators
Can't change replicated ConVar func_break_max_pieces from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sk_autoaim_mode from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_noclipaccelerate from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_noclipspeed from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_skyname from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_specaccelerate from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_specnoclip from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_specspeed from console of client, only server operator can change its value
It has happened to me twice in one day, and it's feels like a huge fps lag but it's coming from my console, also at the time other people were not lagging, was wondering if it was a new update or something. It's really weird. and lasts for a few minutes.

Hmm if I lag spike again I'll check my console if this happens

Macido

DARKLY Regular
took a quick look at the darkly stats page for the server, of the top 31 players, only 7 were in the green playing at a high level enough be making progress. I don't recall ever seeing that many good players playing like shit.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
What this means is that those values mentioned (in your config) cannot be changed at all because the server dictates the values, or they cannot be changed while in-game as a player. This is normal.

Up until GO, you could change things such as cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate while in-game as a player, but now you can only change one and the other while either in spec or while disconnected.

As far as anything with sv_xxxx you can ignore, because the server dictates those values.

kts

TD Admin
I checked my autoconfig later,a nd none of that stuff was in it, like best course time, completed training? sounds like the tutorial for csgo, the only command that would be in my config is updaterate, but all the rest is weird shit, for like scouts knives server or something with low grav

STERLINGARCHER

DARKLY Regular
Is this a "pinion server" or is that added to help pay server costs?

I only ask because the competitive pinion servers are HORRIBLE and constantly complained about in csgo forums

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I checked my autoconfig later,a nd none of that stuff was in it, like best course time, completed training? sounds like the tutorial for csgo, the only command that would be in my config is updaterate, but all the rest is weird shit, for like scouts knives server or something with low grav
Fair enough, than this would just be the server 'telling' your client what it's up to, like an update. You should notice this either everytime you connect or on every map change (as the server runs it's config on every map change).

Either way, this is no cause for lag, really, and if it did lag, it would be for un-noticeable micro-second as it spawns all of the props in the map etc. (this is also normal and is necessary in every version of counter-strike).

kts

TD Admin
it happens in the middle of the map, which is why it's so weird. oh well.

and it lags, like it's making my computer work 100x harder, more than an unnoticeable microlag.

kts

TD Admin
This is very weird... I'll investigate.

thanks, you dont have to, since noone else seems to get it, was wondering if any other people did and that was the cause of the recent lag, however other than this lag for me, I've noticed the server is fairly smooth, except on piranesi, as per usual