• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

need a new PC case

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Nobody can answer that question until you provide details about how you will cool the cpu and gpu(s).
HAF Fag something or another is for big air mainly.
Be specific, AIO liquid or custom or air would be the main categories for you to start to define your needs for ventilation, space requirements and compatibility.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
So a case that could do either big air or AIO liquid cooling?

Sent from my SGH-1337M (Samsung S4) using Tapatalk

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Haf-X. Done. She'll do big air, aio liquid or custom. Tons of space and function, but my only gripe is only 5 hard-drive (all either 3.5 or 2.5) spaces. You can mount more on the floor by the psu but im putting a second radiator there.

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
Now here is the monkey wrench..... I want to be able to mount my motherboard upside down so you can see the beautiful GPU not just the resistors n shit . Can I do that with the the haf x? The 3 I've posted have the ability to mount thell mobo upside down

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
No, mobo goes one way as there is only one I/O panel output. Just look for cases in which the mobo is mounted on the left side as opposed to the right.

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
I know the millennium case has variable mounting and the core x9 lays the mobo flat. The s-box doesn't have different mounting capabilities as I first thougt.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Imo the haf x is bomb diggity and has tons of space for futureproofing, cable mgmt, fans or coolers.

If your main concern at this point is for visual asthetics, the hafx has a windowed side panel altho easily obstructed with the side case fan. But i get what u mean wanting to see the main fan side of the card n not the back of the gpu circuit board.

Still HAF X > all

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
I've always been partial to Danger Den cases but they've gone out of business (site is still up for nostalgia and sometimes products end up on eBay). The closest but so far behind is Sunbeam. NVIDIA has been sporting the DD Torture Rack at events to showcase their latest GPUs for some time. That's just to give you another idea or direction since they're cherished by their owners and now hard to come by.

I go to several LAN events and I see a lot of people struggle with their monsters and for that I use a secondary PC with Mini-ITX aluminum case from Lian Li, it's a back saver, and yet another idea because I don't know your purpose outside of a graphic intensive workflow.

I do like the horizontal mounting of the Core X series and generally like what I see. Case Labs Mercury Line is the equivalent but all aluminum and truly modifiable (Sold at NCIX). I like aluminum cases because of the weight, heat dissipation properties, and clean lines (a must for me because I'm old and square).

FYI, if you're looking for 550 paracord to sleeve your cables I've been buying it from Canadian Outdoor Equipment on Lakeshore and Hurontario, they're very cheap if you're in the Toronto area. They're short on colour choice but I do mostly black and white.

Just want to reverberate that this post is all about ideas and dry on specifics. As they say, each to their own.

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Awesome, thanks for the sleeving link!! I've been searching for suitably priced alternatives for a while now. Seems as though as soon as someone finds out what the sleeving is for the price is jacked.

Last edited:

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Awesome, thanks for the sleeping link!! I've been searching for suitably priced alternatives for a while now. Seems as though as soon as someone finds out what the sleeping is for the price is jacked.

I can say for certain from the images posted of TD meets that the store is about 10 minutes drive south Hurontario from Burnhamthorpe. I know that a meet is coming up and if you're going you can do some sleeve shopping because their shipping prices seem high.

Last edited:

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Ya for sure that's like 10mins from my house. Awesome stuff mate!

That means you can to travel north east to Dixie and Matheson where you should be able to buy the crimper (SN-28B), terminals, connectors, and wire. The two stores I buy from are Sayal Electronics and AA Electronics, which are next to each other. Mostly I buy from eBay and AliExpress as they are better value. All depends on how patient you are and the cost/stock.

EDIT: I hijacked this thread but to bring it back Dmitry of Hardware Canucks does plenty of case reviews, worth checking out.

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Aw up-n-atom you're speaking my language. I love sayal! Never been to AA but frequent A1 electronics (it's right near sherway gardens mall). Best!

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Aw up-n-atom you're speaking my language. I love sayal! Never been to AA but frequent A1 electronics (it's right near sherway gardens mall). Best!

Thought they went out of business because they use to be on Kipling. I use to go there with my father as a child and play in the aisles, I've always wanted him to buy me the night-vision goggles on display when you 1st walked in. Good to know they just moved down the street, west on North Queen.

Last edited: