Opinion needed

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
So, as you may or may not be aware, I collect the 2011 Strange Festives. I'm pretty fond of them and haven't really thought about selling them.

But today, I got a tempting offer.
SnowOffer.png
In case you can't read the picture, he's offering a gifted Specialized Strange Festive Scattergun (base price 2.6-2.8 buds with about 7 keys in parts) for my Specialized Strange Festive Sniper Rifle (base price 25 keys with a key in parts [HS]).

I checked Outpost to see what those gifted Scatters go for. 3 of the Scatters listed are signed by Pro scouts, which increases the value (lol). The other one hasn't gotten an offer.

I've never tried selling a gifted item before, simply because I know they are harder to sell.

Thoughts?

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
I'd take it, even with gifted which makes it like 66% of what it should be, that's a deal. Plus, you could keep the gifted one and sell the reg one if you want.

nb

DARKLY Regular
It depends on what Sheen the Scattergun has that he is offering. Personally, if he offered Team Shine, and I had Agonizing Emerald and Flames, I would take the offer right away, considering that Green isn't my favourite color to go with Flames, even though that could be a possible mid-tier effect combo. But really, it's up to you if you like the Sheen he has.

Now, the fact that it's gifted is a problem. If it's gifted from a well-known TF2 player or Steam, you should take it. Otherwise, I wouldn't take it. Gifted just straight up says that it's infected with cancer, and you don't want cancer now, do you Cmp?

(Also, I'm SUPER JELLY of your Scattergun. Tornado AND Team Shine both on the same weapon? Your Scattergun just screams out god-like.)

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
I would be inclined to let this pass by - the gifted bit will haunt you. I think you will have a difficult time selling it, and will probably have to take far less than it's worth just to move it.

One of my cardinal trading rules - patience - if you aren't getting what you want from the current trade negotiations just don't do it, the right trade will come along, it always does.

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
Here's what I think Cmp, it's your personal opinion if you wanna do a 1:1 trade for Snow's sf scattergun and your sf sniper rifle. I honestly don't care for the price difference when it comes to gifted items due to the fact its basically the same item with a blue lettering saying "Gifted from: so-so I play tf2 and I'm a generous person". So if you want my advice Cmp, it's whatever you think. If you think it's a good deal do it, but if you feel you don't want to sell the strange festive sniper of yours for this guys sf scattergun, it's all you Cmp. Just give it some thought, that's all I can say.

Lazybeargaming

I'm New Here
I agree with Sir X here, however you have to look at it like not many other people think like that. If you got it it would be a tough sell indeed and wouldn't get full price or even a bit lower. I would personally give you my bow for it but that's not relevant. Do whatever you feels right but just remember it will be an annoyance to find the right buyer.