• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

ACCEPTED Points of Authority for Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankClash

TF2 Staff | Chief Peon
Untitled.jpg

Lochnessmaster

DARKLY Regular
A great Big solid +1 to Points. Hes really chill and mature around the Servers and I think he would make a fine Staff member.

Lone Star

Senior TF2 Staff
For as long as I have know Points, he has been nothing but a great friend and a great addition to the Darkly family. He has been around the server for 4 years (maybe longer) and is very active on the servers and forums and has become a well know player among many people including regulars and staff and has a very positive reputation and no infractions.

I think Points would make a great addition to the staff list and we should give him a chance. So +1

Also, fuck you for that stupid Recoome picture and the nightmares that it gives me.
Fuck You.jpeg

Thanatos

TD Member
Im On early in the morning most times, were talking 9-11 A.M EST, when there is almost never any staff on other than antimoon, and hes not always gonna respond since hes tired from working from his nightshift at work. The surprising amount of issues that go on this early is surprising, micspammers are a big one, spycrab runners, scammers. Its hard to manage and record spycrabs by myself, or trying to put the authority in points of authority and telling people not to mic spam.
Sorry, how is being Staff going to help you record the spycrabs?

And what kind of mic spam are we talking about? People playing music? People not giving others a chance to talk? Literal SPAM(tm) coming through your headset?

Thanatos

TD Member
Being able to noclip from spawn to spawn and setting up cages to use for spycrabbers is a pretty good way of doing it.

I've been Staff since before dirt and only got noclip and cages less than a year ago. They're nice perks, but Spectate free camera performs the same function as noclip. Cages can certainly help but only if people are really being douches and trying to mess up the spycrabs by doing a co-op taunt too close. Otherwise someone being too close or shooting the spycrabs doesn't actually affect the outcome of the crab or recording and most stop if you ignore them. All that said, even when our perms were fucky and props didn't exist I never had a problem recording and monitoring a crab no matter how much someone tried to interfere. There are ways of handling things that don't need to come with power.

Unforunately when there is multiple people doing multiple spycrabs at the same time its hard to record 2 different parties, especially if there in different spawns. Me asking them to wait and them waiting is only up to them, i have no authority over what spycrabbers agree to, if they need a middleman i would be happy to oblige, items and their value does not matter to me(That only being if i was staff)

This doesn't change as Staff. There are no rules against making people spycrab one at a time, or in a certain spawn, or area, or what rules are agreed on, or if a middleman is used, or what they value their items at, or if the sky is purple.

As to what kind of mic spam? Well loud music on a crappy mic being played for over 10 seconds, that kind of mic spam, or when someones mic is broke and it makes loud glitchy noises, and they continue to do it for a extended period of time, that could also be considered micspam. To take a similar phrase from someone on here who is staff "The server could use more small talk these days". and i stand by that. There are some conversations on the server that should'nt have continued the way they went. That could also be considered micspam to whoever sees it that way. Asking them to stop helps sometimes, but what if nobody can hear the admin because 4+ people are talking at the same time? Action is required.

One person's loud crappy music is another person's nirvana. I for one enjoy a good bavarian polka, but 10 seconds or not, if you play country I'm admin abusing and banning the entire server.

Status
Not open for further replies.