• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

RIP Robin Williams

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Obviously Leroy has never delt with deep depression himself, or someone close to him.

Money and fame doesnt equal happiness and you cannot have any idea of what he was goiing through. Unless youve been there yourself

Freak

DARKLY Regular
Am I the only one here who thinks he was a selfish asshole?

So, he, with all his millions, and ability to donate it to all the charity groups in the world, an hero'd.

Then, he saddled his wife/kids with the PLEASURE I'M SURE of dragging his shitted, slowly spinning, covered in flies, corpse down from a sufficiently sturdy beam in their family house, forever addled them with the stigma of suicide. White, cold to the touch, glass eyed, stinking corpse.

It's selfishness chickenshit, pure and simple. The man had kids for christs sake.

:gtfo:

That's a really easy thing to say about a very debilitating mental disorder. I suggest you do some reading. His suicide is just one aspect of the larger picture.

Remember, you live for yourself first. Not for others around you.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Not when you have kids. There is a mental disorder for everything nowadays. This man selfishly took his own life, when so many loved others have it forceably taken from them.

Height of cocksuckerdom.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Leroy
More people die by suicide then AIDS, by shaming Williams you are shaming people who are alive for having thoughts of suicide or attempts at suicide.
Basically your misinformed view point makes people who are suicidal, shelter themselves even more. Perpetuating the endless cycle and helping sustain societies bad stigma about suicide.

Here, go read,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3308355/

And here's a book specifically about suicide myths
http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674061989

On a second note,
Robin was bipolar, an addict and an alcoholic. His depression was like nothing anyone here has ever experienced.

swan

DARKLY Regular
Found this out last night at bandpractice. Put everything to a halt.
This man was one of the reasons I went into theatre.

Also, Leroy, all his kids are in their 20s+, and he left them financially secure. It's not as if he was abandoning actual children who couldn't support themselves.
Does it suck hard to lose family? Yes. Especially from suicide. But he didn't leave them out in the cold. I'm sure this wasn't a decision made lightly.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
because I respect your opinion so much, I will read those links.

I've closely orbited personal misery and tragedy though, and I doubt it will change my mind.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
so, kids are grown *puts gun in mouth*

Are you guys even reading what your typing?

Dissident

A Little Darkly
Ok if i could be very serious here. Robin Williams who gave me great laughs younger on suffered from a manic depression. So when he was happy he was so happy that everyone wondered how much he could make people feel good and laugh but also depression which you wouldn't see on screen. It's called bipolar disorder and I also have that and have struggled for a decade and a half having been diagnosed. The key to his laughter was that he didn't care what anyone else thought he just wanted to be funny. And the same thing happens with depression, you don't care what other people think and you just get down in a hole you can't dig out of sometimes. This news has really depressed me knowing now that he couldn't get out of it after 63 years. But friends please understand it's not so easy as just talking yourself out of it. He recently admitted himself to hospital due to a relapse which is consistent with his condition and couldn't make it back out and so my heart goes out to him. He obviously didn't die feeling in a good place which hurts me more than anything considering how much laughter he gave me and others and helped me to identify myself in the depression/manic department. I'm still a little shaken by it but wish his soul well. Let's not be so quick to judge.

Dissident

A Little Darkly
Well hey I live on disability which is far below the poverty line and I still get by mostly from going to
school lets all not be so quick to judge I mean my parents are drunks but I still give a little faith,I
Just wanted to say its hard to judge people in a different situation. I hold nothing bad on anyone

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
interesting point of view, leroy. although, we can never imagine the anguish the afflicted person goes though.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
One thing to also note Leroy, depression is a mental affliction - it's far more than just being sad, it has a profound effect on your ability to reason. I can appreciate where you are coming from to a minor degree, but it should also be remembered that someone like RW who suffered from a profound mental affliction can't really be expected to make sound mental judgements...

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Like Brades said, I usually have no fucks to give, but Robin..... wow. And I feel Leroy's feels, and I think it comes from me not understanding, and I'm not sure I ever will.. Anger is an easy reaction to give, I guess (from experience).

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Leroy I'm glad for you, that you've never been down deep enough, in whatever trouble, that reason has never left you.
Sadly, this isn't the case for Robin Williams and others. No one can change your mind, but just imagine that if you were troubled enough, that a mind could twist logic so much that you could convince yourself that suicide would save the ones you love from even more pain and suffering.

If you haven't had the metaphorical or literal pills in your hand, thinking about this, the sweet release, albeit a permanent solution, to a (hopefully) temporary problem, then you're doing OK and can't comprehend how deep the deep end really is. When your head is back on straight, you know it's wrong... but in that moment.... not so much.