[Solved] Windows 10 released today, woo.

Tech45

Senior TF2 Admin
Woke up this morning only to find windows update badgering about Windows 10. After downloading the package and agreeing to whatever it threw my way, went to go make some breakfast then follow with a nap. Three hours later, at about 10 AM, come back to my desk to find it at 25%.

Thought nothing of it at the time, waited another couple hours to see what would happen. Not even an inch.

Tried restarting the process, yet again, the damn thing stopped responding at around 25%.

TL;DR:
I give up.

nb

DARKLY Regular
Wait what?
Mine says "Notify me when ready" unless you're talking about that..

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
trying to install a Microsoft OS that doesn't have a service pack yet, is where you went wrong.

Gonna wait a week to see what td like before I weigh to windows 10. Tech is there anyways you can cancel the install and go back to what you were using before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amanshotme

TD Member
I am expecting Win 8 with virtual workspaces. As someone who has waited almost 10 years to see this feature be included in a Windows operating system..I am upgrading immediately. Onward ho!

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
Im probably sticking with 7

If I ever do update its gonna be after a few months and it 100% works

Brades

Bailer
Staff member

amanshotme

TD Member
Finished installing 10 mins ago. Looking good so far. Agree that Win 10 takes the best from 7 and 8 and mashes them together. The interface sure gives OSX a run for its money.

☭Balthamous☭

DARKLY Regular
I installed 8.1 in order to get windows 10, fried half of my programs :3 GG Microsoft.
I think I'm going to wait a week or so until all the start bugs are ironed out.