NEWS Toronto Servers Back Up [Update]

Freak

DARKLY Regular
Jokes aside, I love the server and I'll take it as it is.

TD reminds me a lot of a long-term relationship. There are good moments, there are bad moments, there can be great months and there can be downright ugly months (like the lag issue here). But take the bad all in your stride because the good FAR OUTWEIGHS the cons.

The grass is always greener somewhere else. So go bitch somewhere else and go find it, because if you can't take a LITTLE BIT OF LAG whilst playing with one of the best CS communities I've seen, then you're not suited for this relationship son.

Slawek

TD Admin

TD reminds me a lot of a long-term relationship. There are good moments, there are bad moments, there can be great months and there can be downright ugly months (like the lag issue here). But take the bad all in your stride because the good FAR OUTWEIGHS the cons.

The grass is always greener somewhere else. So go bitch somewhere else and go find it, because if you can't take a LITTLE BIT OF LAG whilst playing with one of the best CS communities I've seen, then you're not suited for this relationship son.
:rockon:
Exactly

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular

No one here reporting on the intermittent lag is complaining. We're trying to be informative so that the Darkly administrators know such a problem exists. They either don't play the game or have the time to play so it's the responsible thing to do. They're paying a modest sum for the service and it would've been foolish not to bring the issue up. Now that all parties are aware of the situation, they've each been doing their part in rectifying it. Subsequently, we're being told to report if any changes occurred, i.e. not complaining and no malice is intended.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
No one here reporting on the intermittent lag is complaining. We're trying to be informative so that the Darkly administrators know such a problem exists. They either don't play the game or have the time to play so it's the responsible thing to do. They're paying a modest sum for the service and it would've been foolish not to bring the issue up. Now that all parties are aware of the situation, they've each been doing their part in rectifying it. Subsequently, we're being told to report if any changes occurred, i.e. not complaining and no malice is intended.
Welcome to the thread, you and freak! You should both read it before flaming eachother ;)

Freak

DARKLY Regular
Welcome to the thread, you and freak! You should both read it before flaming eachother ;)
Oh, but things are so much more interesting when people get mad.

For now, I'll bow out. I guess I'll come back and report lag when I see it, but I'm sure people will beat me to it.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
@Low Budget asked us to report on the state of the server, @Freak . He didn't ask us to suck his cock or to bait each other into flame wars. I've been using this thread to report on the state of the server. I've been discussing a problem that has been plaguing the server FOR A YEAR. What have you been doing, Freak?

Freak

DARKLY Regular
@Low Budget asked us to report on the state of the server, @Freak . He didn't ask us to suck his cock or to bait each other into flame wars. I've been using this thread to report on the state of the server. I've been discussing a problem that has been plaguing the server FOR A YEAR. What have you been doing, Freak?
0/10

Get off your high horse and try harder mate. I have a life outside of TD and CSGO. You really need to stop getting up in my arse about this. You and I clearly play CSGO for very different reasons, so I have a different outlook towards this whole issue than you do. My priorities for the last year haven't been to find a solution for some server on a game that I spent a moderate amount of time on, at best.

Obviously, if I can help in some way I will. But baiting me into flash-flaming you isn't going to work. I don't care about the lag. I really don't, and I'm sorry if your enjoyment is being hampered by the spikes. Whilst you continue getting your knickers in a twist about me and my attitudes towards the lag, I'll be enjoying the servers when I can, and donating every month towards the server costs.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
0/10

Get off your high horse and try harder mate. I have a life outside of TD and CSGO. You really need to stop getting up in my arse about this. You and I clearly play CSGO for very different reasons, so I have a different outlook towards this whole issue than you do. My priorities for the last year haven't been to find a solution for some server on a game that I spent a moderate amount of time on, at best.

Obviously, if I can help in some way I will. But baiting me into flash-flaming you isn't going to work. I don't care about the lag. I really don't, and I'm sorry if your enjoyment is being hampered by the spikes. Whilst you continue getting your knickers in a twist about me and my attitudes towards the lag, I'll be enjoying the servers when I can, and donating every month towards the server costs.
All I see here is you trying to start something. It's not going to happen, man. Move on. I am.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Freak and I settled this like adults. He's a good guy and I got unnecessarily defensive.

Moving on :)

Edited by bj

Last edited:

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
GAH If only there was simulation or benchmark we can run to evaluate this sort of situation...

Valve is famous for using us mere mortals as beta testers. The best that can be done is log all possible avenues and correlate the data. The game itself has options like increasing the net graph level to 4 for physical observation. Yesterday it was noticed that without SourceMod the servers haunting lag was diminished but that could be coincidence. You can't fault SourceMod explicitly because any of its subsequent plug-ins could be the bad apple. SourceMod provides a profiler for that reason. It's should be the onus of the developer to profile their creation but they can't predict every conceivable setup so again it's left to the users. It's all part of the fun and a lot of beer for the bug slayer.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
GAH If only there was simulation or benchmark we can run to evaluate this sort of situation...

AFAIK we are monitoring the box's performance and we can contact the DC. Unfortunately as someone posted earlier, we seem to be the only one eating the lag ( or at least noticing it ).

amanshotme

TD Member
Valve is famous for using us mere mortals as beta testers. The best that can be done is log all possible avenues and correlate the data. The game itself has options like increasing the net graph level to 4 for physical observation. Yesterday it was noticed that without SourceMod the servers haunting lag was diminished but that could be coincidence. You can't fault SourceMod explicitly because any of its subsequent plug-ins could be the bad apple. SourceMod provides a profiler for that reason. It's should be the onus of the developer to profile their creation but they can't predict every conceivable setup so again it's left to the users. It's all part of the fun and a lot of beer for the bug slayer.

Yeah I am a fan of using applications because the ability to run tests in an isolated environment as well as generate mass amounts of data in small amounts of time. I know that self-reporting is pretty much our only avenue but the errors involved make me squirm. Just the tester in me ranting. Just wondering if anyone is keeping track of timestamps of when this lag happens? Maybe we'll get lucky and can match it to a network or I/O blip.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Well this thread went sour realllll quick. Stay on topic boys, no need for flaming. We are a tight community here so let's keep it civil.
All feedback is welcomed (including yours @Freak) but keep it on topic. And everyone needs to know that we HAVE been working for months (not 24/7 obviously as we all have lives) to find the root of the problem, and I'm confident that eventually we will find a solution to improve the performance. Even if it means switching host, though I hope to god we don't have to do that as it is never a fun process.