NEWS Toronto Servers Back Up [Update]

td|35mm

TD Admin
The number of players were reduced to 30 because all stock maps are limited to that many spawn points. This prevents people getting stuck, waiting in spec etc.

I was talking about Chicago's number of player... I believe is 24 now right?
I remember at the beginning was just as on TD server (32 players back then) and the lag spikes (at least for me) were there as well. Plus a "beautiful" 50 ping :(.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
I was talking about Chicago's number of player... I believe is 24 now right?
I remember at the beginning was just as on TD server (32 players back then) and the lag spikes (at least for me) were there as well. Plus a "beautiful" 50 ping :(.
If I remember, we started off on 32 players on Chicago, but it have like unstable SV number. Than we lowered to 24 players and the SV seen to be stable. CSGO just can't freaking handle 32 men tbh.

td|35mm

TD Admin
If I remember, we started off on 32 players on Chicago, but it have like unstable SV number. Than we lowered to 24 players and the SV seen to be stable. CSGO just can't freaking handle 32 men tbh.

Yes, that is true, I've seen that complain on a lot of other forums, including the Steam forums - with no clear descriptions on how to fix it on higher numbers.

I have a feeling that if you reduce the number of players to 24 as well on TD, then lag spikes might not be just as often, maybe even at all since personally don't get them with low number of players.

But then... is aids since getting on the server will be impossible without waiting like an hour or so.

td|35mm

TD Admin
The lag experienced on TD is not related to a drop in sv. It's just a lag spike. If we set chicago to 32 players at 128 tick. Then the sv drops.
TD is on 64 tick.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

True, but what I am saying is that at lower number of players, I don't encounter that lag spike anymore... on TD.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
True, but what I am saying is that at lower number of players, I don't encounter that lag spike anymore... on TD.
Gonna hate getting into that waiting line during peek hours if we lowered to 24 men server. :motherofgod:

How about 2 20 men server instead of 1 30? but than again, we're so limited in CSGO in terms of plug-in to help with populate the second server. :(

Slawek

TD Admin
no, people like to play together in 1 place. If I log in and see Snakey on Chicago and 35 on Toronto I dont know where to go. I Want to see the community interact, at least thats my opinion.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
no, people like to play together in 1 place. If I log in and see Snakey on Chicago and 35 on Toronto I dont know where to go. I Want to see the community interact, at least thats my opinion.
We need to start a west side vs east side war going on here! :fuckyes:Every month we'll have a WEST vs EAST FACEOFF~ With skins on the line!

BLOOD WILL BE SPILLED!

td|35mm

TD Admin

Awww.... I feel so warm and fuzzy now :D
We need to start a west side vs east side war going on here! :fuckyes:Every month we'll have a WEST vs EAST FACEOFF~ With skins on the line!

BLOOD WILL BE SPILLED!

Not a bad idea... competition is always good. But I can always give you some skin without competition... if you want...
:ifyouknow:

Just deal with it, guys. All we can do at this point. We're constantly looking for solutions.

Well said!
And if serious competition is what you actually want, then you are playing in the wrong server to begin with...

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member

@Shotgun Jesus has experienced the lag spikes on an empty server while testing maps. It has nothing to do with the player count. And the lag is experienced on the entire box, not just csgo, but tf2 as well. And if it's not hardware, it must be ISP. So the host is the issue even tho they say there are no problems on their side.

td|35mm

TD Admin
@Shotgun Jesus has experienced the lag spikes on an empty server while testing maps. It has nothing to do with the player count. And the lag is experienced on the entire box, not just csgo, but tf2 as well. And if it's not hardware, it must be ISP. So the host is the issue even tho they say there are no problems on their side.

Interesting... then I have no idea what else to say... I don't get them...
:shrug:

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Have you discussed this theory with the host?

Again they say there is nothing wrong on their end, and that we are the only ones complaining about lag. But i'm sure we are their only customer hosting game servers where lag is actually noticeable. If their other customers have web servers and stuff on their machines, they probably will not notice the 2 second lag.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Awww.... I feel so warm and fuzzy now :D

Not a bad idea... competition is always good. But I can always give you some skin without competition... if you want...
:ifyouknow:

Well said!
And if serious competition is what you actually want, then you are playing in the wrong server to begin with...
:whatyoudid::ohgod:

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Again they say there is nothing wrong on their end, and that we are the only ones complaining about lag. But i'm sure we are their only customer hosting game servers where lag is actually noticeable. If their other customers have web servers and stuff on their machines, they probably will not notice the 2 second lag.

Who is our hosting provider?