READ ME What Is and What Isn't an Exploit (on Toronto Darkly)

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
The point of this thread is to draw a definative line in the sand over what is and what isn't a map exploit. Also I will talk about what is and what isn't a illegal defuse. Feel free to also discuss what other things should or shouldn't be considered exploits.

Legal boosts:
legalegonjh6.jpg

legalksaj3.jpg

Illegal boosts:
illegalks1em1.jpg

illegalks2mw4.jpg

illegalksvz4.jpg

So this should be pretty obvious but I will elaborate on it a bit anyways...

The first 2 illegal boost screen shots show the same location, this spot is illegal because you can completely conceal your self in the dome and still shoot throught it. The third is illegal because you can see through and shoot through parts of the ground.

Illegal defuse:
Egon:
illegalegonav1.jpg

Mill:
illegalmillzn8.jpg

Thanks for reading and please enforce these rules on the server.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
ya ya, if you can see the floor beneath you and YOU'RE visible, then you're good. as for bomb defuse, defuse the f'n bomb, don't do it through walls... well done Stevie, excellent post!

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Isn't one of them de_train? Its more a limitation of the engine then, in that regard.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1229222326=Leroy]

Isn't one of them de_train? Its more a limitation of the engine then, in that regard.

[/quote1229222326]

de_train would be way to hard to try and enforce, and it is alot easier to defend against. Whereas egon the guys is a floor under them and mill the fuckers in the god damn sewer~ impossible to get to in time if he has a kit and you are above the sewers.

edit: yeah I believe it is a limitation of the engine, you can do out of LOS defuses on almost any map as long as they have something to do it through(boxes, edges, walls, etc)

Narf!

TD Admin
I don't consider the egon_world one an exploit -- I only consider it an exploit if you could see through the floor as a result of (as Prop alluded to) lazy mapping such as the one on kismayo since it gives you an unfair advantage.

de_train would be hard to enforce, just like telling people not to plant in the water in de_inferno, but the de_mill and ad_egon_world one should be enforced since you're defusing it through an entirely different level of the map

Propaganda

TD Member
The train deal is a model, it's not a world brush, so it's a geometry problem on the model. On the other stuff if things were sealed and clipped properly an 8 unit thick wall prevents it. Note the exploits are on 2 of the worst built customs that I have ever seen (still boggles my mind that people like them), when I look at the brushwork and optimization on both these maps I fucking near have a seizure.

Propaganda

TD Member
In fact when I look at the kisgayo boost exploits it just further affirms how noob the mapper is, all roofs need to be clipped, period. Someone should beat the mapper within an inch of his life.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
Fix it for us Prop :D ... is that difficult to do? I have no clue about that stuff

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Well, you can ninja defuse through the wall in dust2 and thats the oldest CS map known to man... there are two boost points in kismayo, the one on the left, and the one on the right. (from CT spawn)

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the one on the left is not an exploit, because at no point can you see any untextured walls (noclipping), but hte one on the right you can.

Propaganda

TD Member
[quote1229271592=Spinny]
Fix it for us Prop :D ... is that difficult to do? I have no clue about that stuff
[/quote1229271592]

The best fix for these 2 maps is delete. My kisgayo remake is almost done, hopefully people liek it enough that we can remove the original, as far as ad egghead world there is no recourse for such a piece of shit as this. Such a vertical and open map is impossible to optimize.

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1229275185=Leroy]
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the one on the left is not an exploit, because at no point can you see any untextured walls (noclipping), but hte one on the right you can.
[/quote1229275185]

So I guess you're not only black, but you're a parrot too! You said pretty much what I just said a few posts ago!

Pyro

TD Admin
[quote1229275220=Propaganda]
[quote1229271592=Spinny]
[/quote1229271592]

The best fix for these 2 maps is delete. My kisgayo remake is almost done, hopefully people liek it enough that we can remove the original, as far as ad egghead world there is no recourse for such a piece of shit as this. Such a vertical and open map is impossible to optimize.

[/quote1229275220]
you can also defuse through the floors in ct spawn of kismayo. i slapped someone the other day to stop them.

and prop, i know you hate inefficiency, but sometimes a poorly optimized map is still good because it's just plain fun.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1229276203=Leroy]

Well, you can ninja defuse through the wall in dust2 and thats the oldest CS map known to man... there are two boost points in kismayo, the one on the left, and the one on the right. (from CT spawn)

[/quote1229276203]

dot dot dot didnt you look at my ss's? left is okay, right and spawn are not.

Propaganda

TD Member
[quote1229290467=Pyro]and prop, i know you hate inefficiency, but sometimes a poorly optimized map is still good because it's just plain fun.
[/quote1229290467]

I don't disagree, if some of these mappers took the time to actually learn mapping some of these layouts are pretty good. I know, I am a fussy fuck, I'm sorry for that, I just can't help it.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
cabinets on office are not an exploit.. or have atleast not been ruled one.

Jeroy you dirty whore, this is why your kind is ment to be in the fields.