CS:GO New TD Server

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
csgo-news.png

Last night I installed a vanilla csgo server then added metamod and sourcemod, followed by the plugins, the maps, settings etc. Everything seems to be working fine, but if you come across any issues (as in something is not set up properly or working right) please post them here.
So as of right now, when you join Toronto Darkly, it will be running on the new install. This was one last attempt for a smoother game play for the people who are still experiencing the so called "lag".
Please try the new server and post your feedback here. Also what does everyone think about stats getting reset?

Please note that if you are still experiencing lag after this install, there is pretty much nothing that can be done to fix it, at least not on our end. Because it would mean again, the problem is not with the box, but with the ISP and their routing. So stop with the QQing and :dealwithit:

shoottomaim

BANNED
Last night I installed a vanilla csgo server then added metamod and sourcemod, followed by the plugins, the maps, settings etc. Everything seems to be working fine, but if you come across any issues (as in something is not set up properly or working right) please post them here.
So as of right now, when you join Toronto Darkly, it will be running on the new install. This was one last attempt for a smoother game play for the people who are still experiencing the so called "lag".
Please try the new server and post your feedback here. Also what does everyone think about stats getting reset?

Please note that if you are still experiencing lag after this install, there is pretty much nothing that can be done to fix it, at least not on our end. Because it would mean again, the problem is not with the box, but with the ISP and their routing. So stop with the QQing and :dealwithit:

How many CS:GO servers can the box handle?

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
There are 5 TF2 trades and 1 CSGO server and the server load is perfectly fine. We used to run even more csgo servers when csgo first came out and it still ran fine. There is no performance issue with the box. It is pretty powerful. You would know if the box was overloaded because it would should show on the load average.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I'll give it a shot. I'm also going to be up with a different ISP starting on Friday, so I'll be able to post feedback on how Bell and Teksavvy perform in relation to the servers.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
im gonna try playing right now. could the spikes be caused by the motd video?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
ppl still call out lag. it might be one of the plug ins , or something. we shouldve installed them 1 by 1. this way we cant narrow down the problem

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
When I play on it, it's smooth for the most part, you can get the odd lag but nothing that would make the server unplayable IMO.