NEWS Toronto Servers Back Up [Update]

Slawek

TD Admin
The only lag I ever experience is the occasional 2 second freeze up followed by bodies flying everywhere, then it resolves itself and I play on normally.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
The only lag I ever experience is the occasional 2 second freeze up followed by bodies flying everywhere, then it resolves itself and I play on normally.

This is the lag we are talking about. 2-5 seconds freeze/warp and then goes back to normal. Other than that the servers run fine.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I think that the lag is associated to players joining the server? Just a guess on my part.
But when I've been playing Demo mode before and someone joins the server, it laggs up a little then carries on as normal.
Maybe this could be what is happening with TD?

I did notice it once while playing on TD, lagg while someone was joining. But all other times I forget to check.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I think that the lag is associated to players joining the server? Just a guess on my part.
But when I've been playing Demo mode before and someone joins the server, it laggs up a little then carries on as normal.
Maybe this could be what is happening with TD?

I did notice it once while playing on TD, lagg while someone was joining. But all other times I forget to check.

Doubt it.

shoottomaim

BANNED
It's very random... sometimes it is caused by a specific event happening, but most times it is random.
By specific event, I mean the server broadcast of whichever map was nominated.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
It's very random... sometimes it is caused by a specific event happening, but most times it is random.
By specific event, I mean the server broadcast of whichever map was nominated.

I still think server broadcast of map is a coincidence. It doesn't happen every time.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
There's another issue, too, that I think is related to the big chokes that we've been talking about. I often get this 'ice skating' feeling where it feels like I'm skating around the environment after one of the big chokes. All of my inputs feel delayed, and this occurs with different degrees of severity. Sometimes it goes away completely (or it seems to), and sometimes it doesn't. I have a theory that this is what people are actually referring to when they call out 'bad reg', 'no reg', etc. What I think is actually happening is that the 'ice skating' feeling is throwing off people's movement and consequently effecting how they're shooting. It's not that the shots aren't registering, but rather it's that all of the player's inputs have delays that keep fluctuating and are never stable.

shoottomaim

BANNED
There's another issue, too, that I think is related to the big chokes that we've been talking about. I often get this 'ice skating' feeling where it feels like I'm skating around the environment after one of the big chokes. All of my inputs feel delayed, and this occurs with different degrees of severity. Sometimes it goes away completely (or it seems to), and sometimes it doesn't. I have a theory that this is what people are actually referring to when they call out 'bad reg', 'no reg', etc. What I think is actually happening is that the 'ice skating' feeling is throwing off people's movement and consequently effecting how they're shooting. It's not that the shots aren't registering, but rather it's that all of the player's inputs have delays that keep fluctuating and are never stable.
I've noticed this too... after a lag spike people walk around without the actual animation of their legs moving. I usually fix it by jump crouching.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I've noticed this too... after a lag spike people walk around without the actual animation of their legs moving. I usually fix it by jump crouching.
Yeah, jumping does seem to effect it somehow. It's imperceptible to many players, especially when they're not looking for it like I am, but it should be very obvious to the average player immediately after a big choke occurs. Again, though, sometimes a big choke happens and the 'ice skating' doesn't. I think that it's almost always there to some degree, though, and it's often just enough to throw off your aim.

Slawek

TD Admin
That's probably just your hacks. Try disabling them along with your see-thru-walls too.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Personally, I think the server's fine and you all are titty-suckin crybabies for whining about every problem :trollface:
iXPxxSQZcnTZb.gif

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
The host made some tweaks to the server again this morning. Can you guys report if lag is gone or if it's still happening. Thanks