Amozin Spodermin 2

Freak

DARKLY Regular
So I just saw it.

There's a special place in hell for the people behind this movie, just waiting. How did they f$%# it up THIS badly?!

Lame dialogue, effects-heavy action (too much slowmo), bad timing of just about everything and everyone, product placement galore, REALLY REALLY BAD STORYTELLING and what the f$%# was THAT hip-hop song doing at the very end over the closing credits? Felt like a goddamn vevo video.

As a filmmaker, I'm not sure I'd be able to live with myself if I was a machine that churned out blatant corporate crap.

Anyways, I'm sure YOU liked it.

amanshotme

TD Member
As someone who has yet to watch it, I'll probably pass. It looks like they're trying to cram too much in there.....

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I appreciate your post, but you kinda should have known that this movie, and all movies like it are geared for the 12-year old kids that were given $20 by their parents to go fuck off on a Friday night. If you're gonna spend money on a movie [movies are not cheap to go to anymore], see shit like American Hustle. You'll love the witty dialogue and great story.

kts

TD Admin
lol american hustle.

Ya from the commercials this spiderman movie looks bad as the ones before it. BUT THEY HAVE SUPER POWERS SO W.E (will dl)

Freak

DARKLY Regular
I appreciate your post, but you kinda should have known that this movie, and all movies like it are geared for the 12-year old kids that were given $20 by their parents to go fuck off on a Friday night. If you're gonna spend money on a movie [movies are not cheap to go to anymore], see shit like American Hustle. You'll love the witty dialogue and great story.

lol I disliked American Hustle a lot. So. Much. Unnecessary. Voiceover.

You can't blame me for being an optimistic Spidey fan. I somewhat enjoyed the last installment.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
This seems to happen every time with Spiderman.
Spiderman - Good film, Spiderman 2 - meh, Spiderman 3 - Whaaaat?
The Amazing Spiderman was a pretty good film, I actually enjoyed Andrew Garfield as Peter.
I have yet to see the second one, but from the reviews I've seen even from the biggest spidey fan boys on my facebook...it's pretty terrible.
Gonna Stream it one night when I feel like it, fuck paying at the cinema to see it.

I also already know one of the biggest spoilers from the film, gotta love facebook.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I personally didn't care for the original Spidey's with Tobey Macguire. I just didn't think he did a good job as Peter Parker. Being a nerd is one thing. Being a straight up whiny nerd is another. And SpiderMan 3? God, that was awful.

I liked AG as Peter. He was still the outcast, but it was more of a modern outcast. I also really like Emma Stone. She was a riot in Easy A and she did a good job as Gwen Stacy in the first one. Doesn't hurt that she's pretty hot too :D

Haven't seen this one though, but I think BJ's right. It's not a movie to psychoanalyze for its content and execution. It's for kids that want to see Spiderman kick some ass.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Only comic book movie I give a fuck about is Days of Futures Past. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

also haven't been to many movies I enjoyed in the last few years. Can't really recall any besides Flight.

swan

DARKLY Regular
here's a pretty good breakdown of the new spiderman movies.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SauronsBANE1/news/?a=100868

"This is a Peter Parker that initially acts like a self-pitying, entitled, unloved outcast...but is hardly ever treated that way. This is a Peter Parker that screws up multiple times...but is somehow infallible all the time. This is a Peter Parker that has a character arc set up for him to learn about responsibility and the burden of his powers...but negates that arc and recommits himself to being a selfish, unlikeable jerk.

This is a Peter Parker that is supposed to be an inspirational hero...but never acts heroic at all."

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
Marvel tends to have really great stories that go along with all the butt-kicking action they put in, but Marvel flopped on this movie. I can say myself that a lot of the Marvel movies include a diverse and emotional story that keeps watchers interested as they did in their comics. Their latest movies such as X-Men Days of Future Past and Captain America Winter Soldier were great, but they tried to fit too many enemies in the plot, not to mention the "#1 fan" being disappointed or uninspired by their hero is so overused, such as in Iron Man 3 ( Terrible ), and the Incredibles. After the dumb Electro stuff, they even tried to put the Hob Goblin in when they could've improved on the story that was lacking throughout the movie. Saying that Marvel put in the Hob Goblin because they wanted her to die isn't an excuse because they could've easily made her die to Electro or bring the Hob Goblin on to the next movie.

I was a fan of The Amazing Spiderman, but as most sequels are, they flop.