• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

DENIED Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose

I'm New Here
Name When Banned:Goose_
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40332739
Game: Team fortress 2
Server: could not find in ban report
Ban Reason: Spycrab running

State your case: This case happened last year so i barely remember it but the report says that I ran from a Spycrab of 1 scrap. As I don't have much recollection of this that is probably what happened, i was just getting into the world of tf2 trading and was trying to figure out the ways of tf2 trading and this thing called spycrabbing seemed fairly easy. So I did 1 crab after I learned about it for a key but ran after I lost, this person then posted on my steam wall as can be seen in my ban report. Later I eventually spycrabbed this man for 1 scrap and lost. I have no idea why I did this but just over 1 scrap I ran and made up a story most likely. I'm truly sorry about this and if given the chance I would definately pay a meager scrap. I feel as a permanent ban was too harsh a punnishment as I only ran twice and they totaled to be a key and 1 scrap. Now a bit over a year later I feel as though This ban has served it's lesson as I have not scammed someone since this time. So I'm asking for the ban to be appealed or lessened.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Checked your SteamID in the ban system. Shotgun Jesus banned you two months ago, not a year ago.

Either way, I think it's his call on whether or not you get unbanned

Goose

I'm New Here
I might be miss reading this but I'm fairly certain it says the ban happened in April 2013 not 2014. I could be wrong as I have never used these forums before, but thank you.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
You were correct, I apologize. I misread the numbers.

Still, I believe it is SJs call.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Name When Banned:Goose_
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40332739
Game: Team fortress 2
Server: could not find in ban report
Ban Reason: Spycrab running

I feel as a permanent ban was too harsh a punnishment as I only ran twice......

http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/game-server-rules.4613/

Rules T1 & T3 apply here..
T1. Trade Scamming is Strictly Prohibited.
Scamming is the act of committing fraud upon an individual for the purpose of personal gain.​
Do not attempt to scam any players out of their items or money. Scamming on any of DARKLY's Team Fortress 2 Trade/Idle servers will result in a permanent ban from all DARKLY servers.​
T3. In Regards to Gambling / Spycrabbing
All forms of gambling, i.e. placing a wager upon a specified single or set of unoccured events, are considered financial obligations to the opposing party. Failure to meet these obligations is considered in all forms scamming and can result in a ban from DARKLY and/or a scammer tag on SteamRep. This includes Spycrab matches...​

This is up to SJ, as the banning admin - but you should be aware of how seriously we take this sort of matter. The amounts involved are inconsequential, if you gamble and you lose - you are expected to be honest enough to pay your debts large or small.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
That would be a good thing to do.

Do note though that even if you do find these people, apologize, pay them, and provide screenshot proof - it still might not be enough to sway SJ's judgement in your favor - but it sure wouldn't hurt to try....

Goose

I'm New Here
I have currently friended the person who I scammed out of a scrap, tragically I couldn't find a way to figure out who the other person was as I have no steam id for them

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
Shotgun Jesus has been MIA for a few months now. Since he is not available to make the call, i will. I am denying your appeal for 2 reasons. First, you ran multiple times and knew it was wrong. Second, you seemed to think running when the wager was a "meager" scrap wasn't a big deal. Crabbing for a weapon is the same as crabbing for an unusual on our servers. If you agree to crab, if you lose, you are required to pay.

When/If Shotgun Jesus returns, he is more than welcome to revisit this and over-turn my ruling if he sees fit. Shotgun Jesus wasn't one to ban without justification. Until then, the ban will be upheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.