• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

DENIED Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name when banned: Jimmeh™ The Determined, or Jimmeh The Determined
Steam ID:76561198066326732
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: Darkly Gaming Server cant remember which one possibly New York
Ban Reasoning:Impersonation with intent to scam.

There was a nice young boy (cant remember his name this happened in april or may,). The boy was doing a free mass spycrab so me seeing an oppurtunity to win a free robot craft hat (worth 1 refined) I was like why not. So i join in and the 1st thing I do is crab i was the first person out. I even stated i was out no one noticed i crabbed. So i left the crabbing changed my name to Im Gunna win dis shit and went in and spycrabbed again well it was quite obvious i just changed my name and ran in so they said something and i was like im just trolling you guys. so then i went medic and started jumping around. they then said i was trying to spycrab (as a medic i have no idea) and i were to be banned because i had changed my name and was still "spycrabbing" when i was out. At this time I realized how much of a ruckus I was starting so i kept cxhanging my name and at this point i was just trolling i wasnt even trying to spycrab anymore. so i keep changing my name if i remember correctly i went from: Jimmeh™ The Determined, to Im Gunna Win Dis Shit, either fuck da police next or it was jimmeh the holy savior and then i changed my name to ™ well apparantly there was another person on the server whos name was just ™ as well I had no idea. Then everyone on the server kept saying i was impersonating and i clearly stated no im not im Jimmeh The Determined. (how is it impersonation if i say who i am deliberately on accusation?) so i changed my name back to Jimmeh the Determined and left the server because the fun was over.
A month or 2 later i go to join my favorite trading server Skial. well i join and it says scammer note this was a month or two later i had no idea why this was because i dont scam people i try to give good deals to people. So i go onto backpack.tf and lord and behold it says im a scammer i read it and it was what happened ages ago. I dont even go on Darkly that often because theres always people spamming voice chat (the kid who was spycrabbing at the time was spamming).
But point is im a trustworthy trader i have never tried to scam and im not going to throw all my reputation for a 1 refined robot craft hat. I would greatly appreciate it if i can just get a slap on the wrist and be on my way. Could you please remove the scammer report off steamrep. It's keeping me from trading and going onto my favorite server (Skial kicks scammers to make space for more people).
This whole incident was just a joke to me i never meant as impersonation or scamming i was just trolling around.

Regards,
Jimmeh™ The Determined

What would you like me to explain further more? I explained my whole viewpoint of the situation? Just let me know I would be more than happy to answer your question if i can clear my name of scammer.

Ill try to explain a little further so i dont waste your time when you get back to this so here it goes.

I was just messing around after i lost the spycrab i was already a bit frustrated with spycrabbing because that was the 5th or 6th one i lost that day losing about 3 keys in items and when that one began i spycrabbed the first time......So instead of me being a good sport I went ahead and started trolling to let my frustration out i never meant to impersonate someone I still have no idea who i impersonated I never had intentions to take the prize of the spycrab i was just joking (in a bad way) around.... i Have learned my lesson from getting banned..... Im sorry that this ever happened and I wish i could take it back but only you can do that. I'm so sorry that it had come to such drastic measure for me to learn my lesson.....I have learned my lesson and i can only ask for your forgiveness and rid me of my DGN scammer title. I've never ran from a spycrab and I've never scammed someone before so I had no idea that i was "scamming"

Ill try to explain a little further so i dont waste your time when you get back to this so here it goes.

I was just messing around after i lost the spycrab i was already a bit frustrated with spycrabbing because that was the 5th or 6th one i lost that day losing about 3 keys in items and when that one began i spycrabbed the first time......So instead of me being a good sport I went ahead and started trolling to let my frustration out i never meant to impersonate someone I still have no idea who i impersonated I never had intentions to take the prize of the spycrab i was just joking (in a bad way) around.... i Have learned my lesson from getting banned..... Im sorry that this ever happened and I wish i could take it back but only you can do that. I'm so sorry that it had come to such drastic measure for me to learn my lesson.....I have learned my lesson and i can only ask for your forgiveness and rid me of my DGN scammer title. I've never ran from a spycrab and I've never scammed someone before so I had no idea that i was "scamming"

If I understand correctly, you lost your temper because you had a losing streak in gambling. Did it never occur to you that there is a general rule, in any gamble, a lottery, poker, scratch offs, that you should 'play responsibly'? Even if you were not aware of it, it is too common place and common sense to ignore.

If you cheated in a gamble and made off with goods, or worse, ran away from a payment, we could discuss something here. But your actions went up a tier that I cannot really find any reason to justify being appeal-able. I do not take impersonation cases lightly. I have had myself impersonated as well as one of our DGN associates. In fact, he filled up three pages of our scammer reports for impersonation. I do not ever plan to revisit those cases. Why should I make an exception for you?

A scam is an intent to defraud, or an act of it. There is very little ground for you to stand on that what you did was not fraud.

I never traded anyone for the item so how is it scamming or an act of fraudulent? This is why im so upset about the whole "scammer" report I never in my life have ever tried to scam anyone and im getting falsely accused and the comment u made originally where u said i was changing my name like a couch potato changing channels u can check my recent names i dont change my name too often and i haven't changed my name once since then i don't scam I changed my name and i impersonated someone on the server idk who or which name it was but i apparantly did it i had no intentions of taking someone else name just to steal a craft hat that is worth 1 refined... i Trade unusuals and australium items i trade in higher tier items what would a 1 ref item have and you took my words all wrong. Im sorry that you've been impersonated ive had the same exact problem in REAL life ive had my identity stolen. It took me soo long to fix the problems someone else caused for me. It is so hard to pay off a credit card bill that you never made... I completely and utterly get where you're coming from from a REAL life problem i would never condemn someone to having their identity taken or impersonated. I have always followed through with what ive said ive been scammed out of unusuals and other items i completely agree with you there isnt any space for an identy theft or impersonator but i would NEVER not even in a video game try and take someone elses identity just because i know what it's like from first hand experience.

I'm so sorry that it had to come to all of this but i think you're being a bit harsh on me i understand where you are coming from its an act af thievery. I cant stand a theft i dont steal i dont scam and i never have intended too. I'm sure you've brought justice to many impersonators but i am not an impersonator.

I'm begging you to get rid of my DGN ban I know this is going to sound bad but i had an unusual on bazaar.tf that I at the time didnt realize i was banned and i had it on a buy out when i got the scammer report the only way i can get my 1.5 bud hat is if i can get the scammer report taken off. Please remove the ban I need your forgiveness.

I never traded anyone for the item so how is it scamming or an act of fraudulent? This is why im so upset about the whole "scammer" report I never in my life have ever tried to scam anyone and im getting falsely accused and the comment u made originally where u said i was changing my name like a couch potato changing channels u can check my recent names i dont change my name too often and i haven't changed my name once since then i don't scam I changed my name and i impersonated someone on the server idk who or which name it was but i apparantly did it i had no intentions of taking someone else name just to steal a craft hat that is worth 1 refined... i Trade unusuals and australium items i trade in higher tier items what would a 1 ref item have and you took my words all wrong. Im sorry that you've been impersonated ive had the same exact problem in REAL life ive had my identity stolen. It took me soo long to fix the problems someone else caused for me. It is so hard to pay off a credit card bill that you never made... I completely and utterly get where you're coming from from a REAL life problem i would never condemn someone to having their identity taken or impersonated. I have always followed through with what ive said ive been scammed out of unusuals and other items i completely agree with you there isnt any space for an identy theft or impersonator but i would NEVER not even in a video game try and take someone elses identity just because i know what it's like from first hand experience.

I'm so sorry that it had to come to all of this but i think you're being a bit harsh on me i understand where you are coming from its an act af thievery. I cant stand a theft i dont steal i dont scam and i never have intended too. I'm sure you've brought justice to many impersonators but i am not an impersonator.

I'm begging you to get rid of my DGN ban I know this is going to sound bad but i had an unusual on bazaar.tf that I at the time didnt realize i was banned and i had it on a buy out when i got the scammer report the only way i can get my 1.5 bud hat is if i can get the scammer report taken off. Please remove the ban I need your forgiveness.

Unfortunately I am not convinced, your behavior was fraudulent, while no loss harmful. The amount of actual or potential losses is irrelevant.

There is a line between being a troll and setting someone up to be misinterpreted as a recipient of a winning bid, or worse, an administrator.

You crossed the line when you impersonated someone during the Spycrab and as a result, tagged for Impersonation. We deal with this similar situation almost every single day, and everyone reported, gets punished. There is no 'lesser' or 'harsher' punishment, there is just the result of ones action.

Rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.