• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

EXPIRED Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Oh, you're that twat that was selling mvm tours to people.

http://darklygaming.com/bans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:96316405&advType=steamid&Submit

Here is your ban.
You may or may not have been hacking, however the person that issued the
ban has 3 days to provide a demo of you hacking, if not, you can come back on our servers.

The only other reason you would have been banned under hacking is if you were banned for
another reason and "Hacking" was accidentally chosen. In that case,
the admin that banned you can come forward and explain your ban to you, and you may come back when it expires.

Topsy_Turve

TF2 Staff
Both @JhDevils10 and I were spectating Monoxide and suspected him of using an aimbot. On top of that, I was notified that Monoxide uses some form of aimbot when running people through MvM. As I just got my computer, I didn't have a recording program at the moment so based on a discussion between Haze and I, we made the choice we deemed necessary. I can go more into detail regarding why we believed an aimbot was being used.

With that being said, if this is not enough proof, fair enough. I have seen a lot of aim bots in my time, and quite frankly, headshotting a cloaked spy is reaaaaaaally tough to do.

Topsy_Turve

TF2 Staff
All I can really say is that to me, and obviously some other admins at the time, it seemed highly likely that an aim bot was being used. I'm re-downloading a video capture program so situations like this don't happen in the future.

@Monoxide EzM^ Owner just keep in mind, whether you were aim botting or not, it is clearly stated in the rules not to do so. If this ban is appealed, or after the specified time of the ban, please refrain from using any form of aim bot/sniping assistance.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Both @JhDevils10 and I were spectating Monoxide and suspected him of using an aimbot. On top of that, I was notified that Monoxide uses some form of aimbot when running people through MvM. As I just got my computer, I didn't have a recording program at the moment so based on a discussion between Haze and I, we made the choice we deemed necessary. I can go more into detail regarding why we believed an aimbot was being used.

With that being said, if this is not enough proof, fair enough. I have seen a lot of aim bots in my time, and quite frankly, headshotting a cloaked spy is reaaaaaaally tough to do.

I trust your judgement on this Topsy, however in the future it would be best to record a demo so you can report and get it extended to a permanent ban.
Additionally, if there are any chat logs of him confirming that he uses Aimbot in anyway, that would work too.

At this point, the ban will expire in a couple of days.
If you have solid evidence that he was hacking, then one of the higher staff can take care of extending the ban.
If not, we'll just have to keep a close eye on this guy.

Monoxide EzM^ Owner

I'm New Here
I don't use aimbot to carry people through mvm i have 93 tours on two cities and closer to 150 actually completed. Would love to see a demo of me headshotting a cloaked spy considering the fact I was only sniping Haze and another guy who were both snipers in the enemy spawn (with the occasional person stepping into the crossfire)

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Just to bring some clarity here, we have drilled into the heads of staff members that unless you are completely certain that someone is hacking, you don't ban them.

I have no knowledge of your case and I'm not making any decisions about it.

However, please be aware that whatever number of tours or hours you have on TF2 is irrelevant. I've seen 4k hour players aimbotting like it's the latest trend. I've seen 20 hour players who are just that good. The numbers are irrelevant and not a viable defense. I have nearly 3000 hours on TF2 and still get regularly slaughtered. The numbers just don't correlate into skill.

Monoxide EzM^ Owner

I'm New Here
Tour numbers in mvm mean quite alot especially when speaking about the ability to carry a team.
However i guess you do have a point about mulitplayer and the hours thing.
Still waiting on a demo of me ''aimbotting'' as I am completely certain there is none due to the fact I don't aimbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.