• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

[BANNED] Ban Protest: Cudamank

Status
Not open for further replies.

cudamank

I <3 Cheating
Was just playing on one of the CSS servers (the pub, custom/rotation one) and I played for about 1 hour until I got banned out of the blue. I was playing really well which could be a reason for the stir but I would like some clarification on why i'm banned from banning admin or whoever may have been involved, why I wasn't warned or informed, why it's a 1 week ban and that I oppose from the get-go any reasoning behind this ban. I read your rules and followed them as if it were my own server, so what's this angst about?

http://darkly.gameme.com/playerinfo/290680

STEAM_0:1:7347645

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Seems you were banned for aimbotting.

In one hour of playing on our full server, you managed to get:

Kills:
119 (119*)
Deaths:
29 (with Hs: 45%)
Headshots:
86 (86*)

Impressive. Any explanation? Or you are just that damn good?

cudamank

I <3 Cheating
lol i've been called many things but never an aimbotter; that's a first ^.^

is that hard to believe? I average that on client.... as do many others..... this game has been out since 2004 you know? with the original trailing from '99 >.>

if it was certain i was cheating why was it only a week ban and why is there no demo provided? just curious what particular instance of me playing arouse any suspicion (if there even is any)

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I was not the admin who banned you. I can only go by the ban details and your stats.

Stay put, he'll give his explanation when he checks the forums.

cudamank

I <3 Cheating
I was not the admin who banned you. I can only go by the ban details and your stats.

Stay put, he'll give his explanation when he checks the forums.

does he even get on the forums ... ? just bans without any consequence, no demo provided, no further explanation. very professional

TurboTaco

TD Admin
apparently 1 week ban? no demo uploaded? If I truly was cheating the ban would be permanent and the evidence would be available

EDIT: the ban speaks for itself actually... like you stated: he spectated me with the intention of catching me cheating, yet recorded no demo? maybe he did but was not "worth" an upload due to the lack of favor of his decision. not only that but it was a temp ban, last I checked this server permabans cheaters.

Just an FYI, many of our admins on CSS/TF2 do not have full "admin" on server. What that means is that while an admin may want to ban you permanently from CSS/TF2 server, they can only ban for up to one week max (Through the game). This week ban can then be changed to permanent, edited and updated or nullified via our sourcebans webpage by our admins.

As to why no demo was recorded:

Typically we have Source TV running concurrently with our CSS/TF2 servers which we use to pull demos with respect to time/map of alleged occurences. Unfortunately SourceTV has Been Down for the last week or so and is being dealt with promptly.

The banning admin still has yet to state his case against you. If we can't pull a demo, it is likely you may be unbanned but our admins will be aware of your pressence in game and will keep an eye out for you.

DGN does perma ban cheaters/hackers. We have no problems with that and will continue to ban hackers in the future with extreme prejudice.

In the mean time, please sit tight and feel free to lurk forums or play on another server for now.

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
Wow wooww lots of negative comments i see from a guy that wants unbanned. I just arrived in the server and had ppl say u were fishy. I specd u for a few rounds and it looks like aimbot and/or walling to me. The way u knew where ppl were and the way they were all headshots. And btw, i cant perm ban.

Also, LB throw me back my full admins :) musta been a glitch and i have less admin stuff now

cudamank

I <3 Cheating
Wow wooww lots of negative comments i see from a guy that wants unbanned. I just arrived in the server and had ppl say u were fishy. I specd u for a few rounds and it looks like aimbot and/or walling to me. The way u knew where ppl were and the way they were all headshots. And btw, i cant perm ban.

Also, LB throw me back my full admins :) musta been a glitch and i have less admin stuff now

... maybe it's a good thing you have less admin. I mean, about that demo ...

Forgot to demo actually. Youre my first ban in months

Nice ... you weren't the first admin to investigate me, but apparently the last out of several. I wonder why their judgement "failed" compared to yours, yet you failed to provide any evidence? I performed consistently too, spectated or not, so that argument goes out the window

I don't think it's fair for me to stay banned considering you were incompetent on your part to provide necessary material to PROVE that I was indeed doing what you claim I was. Just because I dominated your score, or killed you consecutively; or whatever set you off, doesn't mean you should be able to unjustly lay a ban on my name without any accountability for the instance which you apparently witnessed

Thanks for the explanation, davis, saved me some effort ...

EDIT: hahaha, I guess the demo function doesn't work anymore? ... Yea SourceTV is extremely helpful with this type of stuff, but if what he says is true then he had full ability to record the instance that he claims he witnessed (even spoke of mentioning to players that he was planning on spectating me before executing such action) and you cannot null that out

what i'm seeing is a failure to meet required criteria for actions within being an admin all while acknowledging that this is so and making no effort to correct or reflect on such error: which in-turn becomes a mistake due to pure negligence. this is exactly the opposite that I look for in an individual who wishes to admin for my server, but that's just me

So, what now?

iCe

TD Admin
What now is you ban will be kept until we investigate.

Second, sarcasm and/or condesending tone toward an admin will get you banned longer. So check the attitude at the door hammer.

Edit:

On second thought I am extending you ban another week if you do get unbanned for not hacking because you attitude makes you a piece of shit. Our admins do a very good job here, and don't need you shit.

cudamank

I <3 Cheating
What now is you ban will be kept until we investigate.

Second, sarcasm and/or condesending tone toward an admin will get you banned longer. So check the attitude at the door hammer.

Edit:

On second thought I am extending you ban another week if you do get unbanned for not hacking because you attitude makes you a piece of shit. Our admins do a very good job here, and don't need you shit.

first of all, not sure what a door hammer is ... >.>

second: wow way to take it personal, I bet if you were banned for cheating you would raise hell too. It's not like I bothered anybody or caused any trouble, the only time I spoke aggresively was after a misuse of power against me and reacted like anyone else in the situation would THEN you decide to take it personally. LOL. well have fun being angry but if I didn't cheat, I am not accepting the ban and that is exactly why I am here protesting it. If it was unjust and and a failure in competencies, why would I be condemned for pointing that out? I was merely speaking the truth about the situation because he FAILED TO ACKNOWLEDGE (simple as that), not speaking condescendingly. If you don't like to read the truth then that's your fault and I see no valid reason to blame me for HIS faults. That's like punishing the victim of police brutality because they simply described how the officer failed to act within bounds of the criteria of their task

iCe

TD Admin
first of all, not sure what a door hammer is ... >.>

second: wow way to take it personal, I bet if you were banned for cheating you would raise hell too. It's not like I bothered anybody or caused any trouble, the only time I spoke aggresively was after a misuse of power against me and reacted like anyone else in the situation would THEN you decide to take it personally. LOL. well have fun being angry but if I didn't cheat, I am not accepting the ban and that is exactly why I am here protesting it. If it was unjust and and a failure in competencies, why would I be condemned for pointing that out? I was merely speaking the truth about the situation because he FAILED TO ACKNOWLEDGE (simple as that), not speaking condescendingly. If you don't like to read the truth then that's your fault and I see no valid reason to blame me for HIS faults. That's like punishing the victim of police brutality because they simply described how the officer failed to act within bounds of the criteria of their task

Your aggressive push on the matter after it was said that it will be looked at is what is funny. He didnt need a demo we have source tv on 24.7 which records and all we have to do is pull it. Most of us have "real lives" which come first and your demo could take a day or two to pull.

And YES your attitude was condesending IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO PLAY ON TD SERVERS IT IS A PRIVLEDGE.

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
Thank u ice. And cuda, u are beinf very foul. Ive been admin for like 10 years, and only have like 15 bans under my belt. I rarely pull it out and for u, it was the right time

TurboTaco

TD Admin
For new players at our forums, it is a typical rule for Ban Appeal threads to consist of the Banned and Banner only. Lately a lot of people have been posting their two cents in Ban Appeals. While it is so far mostly overlooked when comments are constructive, many comments here are beginning to digress from the OP. Please leave unrelated comments out of ban appeals, better yet, do not post at all in them unless you were directly a part of them or an admin. Thanks!

In regards to CUDAMANK:

Admins are human. Many admins AS I STATED, have been unaware that our SourceTV was down. Because of SourceTV, our admins typically DO NOT make client-side demo's of hackers/douchebags since sourceTV demos can easily be pulled.

That being said, the admins TD/DGN appoints to run their servers are experienced with CSS/TF and know the game well enough to identify suspicious players and plays. I (as well as all our admins) will support and stand behind most decisions an admin makes. That means WE agree with the actions of Brains at this point and while a further review may be required, your ban will stay until it is resolved.

What people DISLIKE about you, and players like yourself, are how you expect a game server and community to bend to your will and revolve around you. This is NOT the case here.

You are given an opportunity to play with us on our servers, it is NOT YOUR RIGHT and you have NO entitlement beyond having the freedom to post your ban appeal.

You talk about failure of our admins meeting requirements to ban people, but you don't even know what our rules and regulations are for our admins so keep your baseless remark to yourself.

If you have your OWN SERVER to admin and give admin to, go be responsible for that.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
For new players at our forums, it is a typical rule for Ban Appeal threads to consist of the Banned and Banner only. Lately a lot of people have been posting their two cents in Ban Appeals. While it is so far mostly overlooked when comments are constructive, many comments here are beginning to digress from the OP. Please leave unrelated comments out of ban appeals, better yet, do not post at all in them unless you were directly a part of them or an admin. Thanks!

This x9001

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon

In regards to CUDAMANK:

Admins are human. Many admins AS I STATED, have been unaware that our SourceTV was down. Because of SourceTV, our admins typically DO NOT make client-side demo's of hackers/douchebags since sourceTV demos can easily be pulled.

That being said, the admins TD/DGN appoints to run their servers are experienced with CSS/TF and know the game well enough to identify suspicious players and plays. I (as well as all our admins) will support and stand behind most decisions an admin makes. That means WE agree with the actions of Brains at this point and while a further review may be required, your ban will stay until it is resolved.

What people DISLIKE about you, and players like yourself, are how you expect a game server and community to bend to your will and revolve around you. This is NOT the case here.

You are given an opportunity to play with us on our servers, it is NOT YOUR RIGHT and you have NO entitlement beyond having the freedom to post your ban appeal.

You talk about failure of our admins meeting requirements to ban people, but you don't even know what our rules and regulations are for our admins so keep your baseless remark to yourself.

If you have your OWN SERVER to admin and give admin to, go be responsible for that.

+1.

cudamank

I <3 Cheating
my perspective: not cheating, astonished at the ban, curious for explanation

your perspective: no clue what's happening, offended by mid-thread query, oblivious to theme of reviewed text

*don't think you quite understand the criteria of patronizing another; which is exactly what you did based on a suspicion with a misused definition

no, i am not over-entitled but I do have a standard of play which is if I am banned for something I didn't do then of course I will have a WTF moment. I couldn't appeal TPG's ban because AFAIK the registration is broken for me.

and of course, no demo provided there either.

after several points i've made which clearly out-weigh the logic of the banning admin; we've made no progress simply because many of the staff and admins chose to take this personal, while completely overlooking the facts.

I feel guilty when I ban somebody for something they didn't do because i am denying them the potential mutual entertainment of playing on my server or better yet destroying the potential of gaining another regular but best of all, i'm simply punishing them from my property for something they shouldn't even be convicted of. sure punish me for admin disrespect or whatever bullshit you want to pile on me because your feelings got hurt, but cheating is not one that belongs.

for example: if i invited someone to my home and for the example's sake, let's say my TV & remote mean a lot to me, well conveniently the same time my guest visits my remote "magically" goes missing. Well little do i know at the time, I actually lost the remote myself but since I am so steamed up because of my emotional attachment to that remote (such as your emotional attachment to scores, and the game) i start to feel threatened by my guest because I have a suspicion that the remote went missing because of them. so to blow off the steam from that emotional-mishap I decide to reject my guest and kick them out. then later on i find out it wasn't even their fault because i found the remote in a place I remembered after the fact.. well now i just feel like a jackass and understandably i would expect that person to be pretty upset with me, naturally i would try to patch things up with them and set them straight

order of events:

- got banned

- protested with a big "WTF"; already offended by the mis-claim

- you got offended by my astonishment before even reviewing any presented facts or circumstances

- ???

- ill productive

hopefully this straightens things up and you can start thinking objectively

EDIT: all we need is the evidence, are there any demos available STV or otherwise? you mentioned STV demos can be pulled but another mentioned that STV was unavailable, then ontop of that another mentioned they can be pulled but it would take a few days. Which answer should I indulge?

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
You could always provide us with a demo of you playing while maintaining your 4 KPD / 80+ HS percentage. We've had players who wish to play here do that before to prove their innocence.

If you miss us so much after just an hour play-time on our server, I'm sure you won't mind. :amazed:

PS. I cleaned the thread up.

Status
Not open for further replies.