Broken Ribs Help

Electricjars

A Little Darkly
I have like 2 or 3 cracked ribs and have to go to work doing manual labour and machine shop shit. No I cant take any sick days and vacation. No I can't drink or do any narcotics. No I can't quit. No I can't have sex with Wrath to make me feel better. Any suggestions?

Electricjars

A Little Darkly
You're stupid.
Your health is not work any shitty job, period.
Go see a doctor you trust and follow his / her suggestion.

It is when you live per pay check. Also my hospital and doctor's offices are over flowing due to a flu out break so I can't either way

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Real talk now; retired rugby player.

cracked ribs and bruised nut sack are a way of life. You gotta wrap it up.

It's nearly impossible to do yourself, so if you've got a wife/boyfriend/gimp that will be necessary.

If you don't know how to do it, go to an outdoor sporting event and ask the sideline paramedics. They are usually going to uni and trying to ply their trade, they'll sometimes do it for free.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2302404_tape-cracked-ribs.html

Depends on the severity, sometimes it will go from your gut all the way up to your arm pits.

Good luck man, heal up

omission

TD Admin
First of all, they do not wrap ribs up anymore. I had two cracked ribs and one severely bruised rib in Mexico so I know what I'm talking about.
If all fails this is what you should do. At home take a few narcotic drugs and relax, in the morning at work fall down, grab your ribs and scream
out loud. Now you on workmen's compensation getting 90% of your pay. It's dirty but it's still a paycheck.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
First of all, they do not wrap ribs up anymore. I had two cracked ribs and one severely bruised rib in Mexico so I know what I'm talking about.
If all fails this is what you should do. At home take a few narcotic drugs and relax, in the morning at work fall down, grab your ribs and scream
out loud. Now you on workmen's compensation getting 90% of your pay. It's dirty but it's still a paycheck.

Man, it's been too long since I last committed insurance fraud...

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Don't wrap ribs (cracked, bruised) or = pneumonia
If you were legit hurt at work DR visit = work comp
If you were legit hurt outside of work DR visit = EI

Otherwise you're playing roulette with your health. If you're just guessing your ribs are cracked (another retired rugby player here) and you've never cracked ribs (yours or someone else's with a tackle ;) ) ... suck it up one way or another. i.e. see a doctor to see what the injury really is or just work with your bruised something. Going to a doctor doesn't make you a sissy if you know something is wrong. Going to a doctor to just get out of work does.

I don't know you nor your injury, I just know that without x-rays, not even doctors can tell the difference between cracked and bruised ribs. Man up.

BTW, your title says "Broken Ribs Help" and then you say 2 or 3 cracked ribs... there's a difference.
GO TO THE DOCTOR or GTFO.

Electricjars

A Little Darkly
Don't wrap ribs (cracked, bruised) or = pneumonia
If you were legit hurt at work DR visit = work comp
If you were legit hurt outside of work DR visit = EI

Otherwise you're playing roulette with your health. If you're just guessing your ribs are cracked (another retired rugby player here) and you've never cracked ribs (yours or someone else's with a tackle ;) ) ... suck it up one way or another. i.e. see a doctor to see what the injury really is or just work with your bruised something. Going to a doctor doesn't make you a sissy if you know something is wrong. Going to a doctor to just get out of work does.

I don't know you nor your injury, I just know that without x-rays, not even doctors can tell the difference between cracked and bruised ribs. Man up.

BTW, your title says "Broken Ribs Help" and then you say 2 or 3 cracked ribs... there's a difference.
GO TO THE DOCTOR or GTFO.

Can't tell if they're cracked or broken. I have had cracked ribs before and this hurts a lot more, so I don't know. I also at the time didn't have to kill myself in a steel shop daily. Best answer so far though, thanks.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
just work as best you could if your ribs were not hurting, in 6 months the pain will go away or you will be used to it and it won't be a problem

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
This thread is useless because you refuse to stop working and/or visit a doctor. The fuck you think you're gonna gain by asking strangers on a gaming forum, other than the obvious (go to a doctor or stop working)?

Killomatic

A Little Darkly
This thread is useless because you refuse to stop working and/or visit a doctor. The fuck you think you're gonna gain by asking strangers on a gaming forum, other than the obvious (go to a doctor or stop working)?

Exactly my thoughts man, nobody really knows better then a professional.
If anything, going to work like that will accomplish only making you look unreliable for not being honest.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
what the hell are you guys, doctors?

I cannot believe you're advising the guy not to wrap his ribs.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
what the hell are you guys, doctors?

I cannot believe you're advising the guy not to wrap his ribs.
With 2 separate x-ray confirmed cracked ribs and a third with just bruised, they did not wrap for fear of inducing shallow breathing and therefore pneumonia. Broken ribs have different considerations.

My consistent advice is go to the doctor and get specific professional medical advice.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 on Android

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Who is "they?"

Obviously you don't wrap your torso so fucking tight you can't breath. Any first year paramed knows that. You wrap to support the frame whilst still allowing a degree of mobility which implies breathing.

This is the difference between some back-water doctor who read once in a medical journal written by somebody with aspergers that "rapping is bad, mkay" with a working knowledge of theoretical practice, but zero real life experience, compared to a sport doctor with honest to god experience in the field.

I've personally been wrapped up more times than I can count, and I shit you not, if you can survive a 80 min game of premiership rugby with bruised ribs and not die of pneumonia, you can work a construction job and still get paid.

Besides, not all of us run to the doctors every time we get a teency eency bruise, some of us are real men, who don't need nobodies help no how :)

CopenHagenPune

DARKLY Regular
If you Didn't wanna see the doctor... I am sure google would of helped you out more then a gaming forum hahaha.

But shitty news on the cracked ribs, next time have sex with a girl/boy who is under 300 pounds it may prevent this from happening again !