CSGO 10mans 2015?

HappySticks™

TD Admin
If my Internet is holding up (which it usually does after 6pm) I'm in for sure.

We should pick teams here, probably will be the easiest.

amanshotme

TD Member
Was able to connect to the servers without a lot of hassle (timed out twice with initial connection for some reason), so I think we are A-GO for Saturday. With regards to picking teams, we'll have everyone pool into the Mumble server (216.52.148.10:14600) and pick team captains, who will subsequently decide the teams schoolyard style. First pick is decided on a coin-toss.

@thewhaleman has suggested that we do map picks a la tournament style. The captains will both veto two maps and we'll choose randomly from what's left.

Choice of T/CT side first will be decided by the captain that gets second pick.

I'll edit this post later with a list of available maps. Also give me some feedback on the format.

I'd like to look more into a small, multi-team online tournament within the confines of TD's momma's basement. Maybe a small fee per team/person, TD taking a percentage off the top towards server costs, first place taking a large chunk, second place breaking even. Nothing outrageous, but maybe like $5-10 per head or whatever. Once a month, or every other month.

I'm perfectly fine with benching the idea for now, just to see how this one turns out. I can think of at least another 8 people that could be interested, if asked.

We'll use these 10mans as a means to gauge interest. If this continues to grow, I will be glad to encourage you to pitch this to the other admins. I will literally have your spine bro.

Last edited:

nb

DARKLY Regular
Hey guys
Unfortunately for me, my parents just told me to pack for Kingston tomorrow, as we're leaving on Friday, and coming back Sunday :(
I would play on Saturday, but my laptop is still broken (failed HDD for several months now, found out why yesterday, thanks BJ for pointing out the clicking sound)

I hope this doesn't affect the game. Have fun guys!

Carns

TD Admin
We'll wait on figuring out the logistics for registration/money for now, until we see how this one turns out. I might be able to get another team (who own a server) to participate, but I have no idea how their schedules look given it's just a few days away.

Random thoughts about the format going forward:
I think we should roll with the current active competitive map list, adding Season. Sides decided by knife round, two vetoes per team captain, OT if necessary. There are server mods that can do all of this, though I'm not sure if the server we'll end up using will have it. Maps randomly chosen out whatever isn't vetoed. It would be cool to see Team Dim Sum, Try Hards, Sons of Egon, Darkly and TD all competing against one another monthly for bragging rights and a little coin. Maybe even use some TD specific maps instead of the regular competitive maps, just because TD.

E|ement^ #Torontogaming

DARKLY Regular
I am willing to put up the money for a decicated 10man every month but I don't know to set it up. If someone can help me do that I have no issue paying for it.

Carns

TD Admin
I could stream this on steam/twitch lol...y don't you come by the mumble channel anyway?
Who wants to listen to the chaos that'll be our comms? haha

I think people would enjoy it somewhat if someone was to stream it and maybe even do basic commentary.