CSS and Dinosaurs

Will CS:GO be the asteroid to CSS's T-Rex?

• Yes (extinction)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Suspend Judgement/Maybe

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

iCe

TD Admin
No.... there are always dedicated players and at least the main pub will alway have people.

perplexd

Banned
Have you seen how shitty the call of duty franchise became after 4 ? I mean 5 was okay but MW 2 and 3 and black ops just ruined the series, yet they still have a pretty big fan set.

I think no matter what the game will do well.

I'm just hoping they remember why we loved CSS, or atleast myself. The simplicity. I don't want none of that fancy shiet. I loved cod 4 because of the simplicity of the game, anything after that is just over kill and ruined the game.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I think GO is really for scrimmimg, I'm sure Valve is going to push the 1.6 players to GO. I doubt it's going to replace source.

@perplexed
Neither CoD nor BF has the hardcore player base CSS does. Just look at Steam statistics, the games aren't close to the number of 1.6 or source players.

DrUgZ

TD Admin
It should hold the people off until they drop the HL3 engine. That's why valve subbed go out to another 3rd party developer. they are building HL3 all new engine and whatnot. Every time they have released a new engine it seems to have held it's own for years and years. they don't rush shit out. HL2 was an AMAZING release, and I am sure #3 will also be. just gotta fuckin wait it out.

DatGuy

TD Member
my main thing with GO is that the guns feel empty when firing them...the screen doesn't shake, its just odd.

after the last patch the movement is better, but there is still room for improvement

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
All I know is that CS has a cult following in all it's forms. There are still normal CS servers, just as I'm sure there are still CS 1.5 servers out there. (It was the golden age of CS after all). I'm sure everyone will find one that is most to their particular taste. I'm not ultra excited about GO. I'll be fine to just casually play CSS when it comes out, I expect.

Great communities make CS and this place seems to have found that happy medium between silliness and seriousness. It's not a total madhouse of chaotic children, and it's not a bunch of lifer "Pro-Gamers" who rage all the time about how everyone isn't as talented and as obsessed with the game as they are.

It's kinda like a medium security nuthouse with a few hilariously fucked up people and no real genuine psychopaths. (Or, if there are genuine rage machine psychos, they're well-medicated.)

IS BESSS BRRRRRRRRRRRO!

I'm sure there is a certain demographic which will get GO, some of which will love it, and some of which will go back to Source.

I doubt it will be a massive Exodus, and ultimately, I don't think it kill the Source Community on Darkly, and to me, that's all that really matters.

Pyro

TD Admin
i still havent tried cs:go but whatever happens TD will at the very least have a css or cs:go server full.

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
played GO again earlier in the week at a buddys house and i must say it really has not gotten any better in the last 3 weeks or so since the last time i played it. I hope they are still in VERY early beta and at the progress they are currently moving at releasing it this year would be a complete failure on their parts. Game play is so bad its not funny, they have made a new game play worse than a 7 year old game, sure they have the graphics of a 5 year old game which may impress a few players but thats all they have going for them at this point.

impruv

TD Member
CS:GO had a huge update today and I like the direction they are going in. The shake and added accuracy of first burst are great additions and a step in the right directions. I have hopes for CSGO and will switch over immediately. But if it ends up shitty, I'll fall back to CSS just like people fell back to 1.6 when CSS came out.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
my main thing with GO is that the guns feel empty when firing them...the screen doesn't shake, its just odd.

after the last patch the movement is better, but there is still room for improvement

They added screen shake yesterday.

perplexd

Banned

It is still the beta right? I'm sure they have plenty of time to fix this :o. I'm considering buying beta access from someone for about 19 USD not sure if I should be no release date has been set yet right? So hopefully they take feedback from players.

iSeize

TD Admin
from playing it i personally cant call the game an improvement over CSS and 1.6...yet. but screen shake was allright, you dont lose as much momentum when landing after a jump, and the taser was added. (its not that great)