CSS and Dinosaurs

Will CS:GO be the asteroid to CSS's T-Rex?

• Yes (extinction)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Suspend Judgement/Maybe

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

jamesearljones

TD Member
CSS is too OG, mang. plus, i'm not paying $60 for a new game. i'll do what i did with CSS: wait 10 years after it comes out, then buy it for $2.99 during a steam weekend sale.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
CSS is too OG, mang. plus, i'm not paying $60 for a new game. i'll do what i did with CSS: wait 10 years after it comes out, then buy it for $2.99 during a steam weekend sale.

Good call.

Sometimes, remakes and updates are a step in the wrong direction.

Example: Jagged Alliance 2.

Loved the Original.

Remake was trash.

"More detailed" became too complicated.

"New graphics" camouflaged terrible, generic character personalities where they were once the benchmark for voice acting work and detail.

Sure, a few new guns and some new eye candy may SEEM like an improvement, but if the gameplay suffers, than no matter how good it looks, if I just don't want to keep playing it, then is it worth buying and wasting time on?

Jagged Alliance 2 gave me my answer to that.

"FUCK NO!"

Why soil your image and experience of something you already love? I'll wait for everyone else to say it's finally fixed, wait for the $5 steam sale and play it when they get ready to release CS v4, which will also suck and require polishing.

It's not unlike Windows that way. Don't be the guinea pig on a new release. Migrate when it becomes completely retarded not to do so, and not before. That's my take anyhow.

$alvador

TD Member
GO looks like garbage now, not gonna even bother getting it until all the kinks are ironed out, which by Valve's timetable means so far into the future that we'll be too preoccupied with trying to survive against armies of hookerbots bent on wiping out all of humanity.