Custom Map

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I'm starting one, it's been a while since I've mapped. Winter is coming and I'm saving for another house - so I'll be making mixes and maps every night/weekend. Anyone care to provide some ideas/input/layout suggestions etc.?

Thanks all!

Ok, started with an idea. It's called de_subterrainean, takes place all under-ground. You'll have two choices of blowing up either:
1. A weapons cache and control center
- Underground tunnels kinda feels
- echo sound-scape
- some pipes will make noise and have steam and/or haze coming off of them
- lots more detail to be added

2. Undecided - Although I'm thinking of making it like dug dirt tunnels with water puddles and shit lighting etc. that eventually leads to a great bombsite with 'rare' statues - think James Bond type shit.

Here's very preliminary screen-shots of a site [just called it B for now] and some surrounding area:

Tunnel going into a bomb site, looking at "upper" bomb site (site opens up to the right)
de_subterrainean_a10000.jpg

We just came from the tunnel on the right. Tunnel on the left loops around to "upper site"
de_subterrainean_a10001.jpg

View into a bombsite from "upper site"
de_subterrainean_a10002.jpg

From screen-shot above, turn left and tunnel goes down that loops back into bombsite. This will likely have a connector going to "Middle" or spawn or something. It's closed off now just to render the map to have a peak so far.
de_subterrainean_a10003.jpg

Tunnels going from "Upper Site" to bombsite. Behind me in the screen-shot will likely be a connector tunnel as mentioned in the above screen-shot text.
de_subterrainean_a10004.jpg

Keep in mind:
- This lacks a lot of detail still
- The map is closed off just enough to render it to have sneak peaks, but I'll open it up more as I go (routes etc.)
- Still playing with lighting. It's going to take me a while to get it just right where it's not too dark (you'll notice my gun is too dark in certain screens) while not lighting up the whole place to look like day time. Patience..

Thoughts? Feedback?

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Wanda LOL I'll be 64 by the time I'm done!

Egon_2, fuckin right. I need a layout though.. Gonna think on this. 3RD_Street I could do, for sure. Maybe I'll do that now..

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I'm a sucker for a custom map, even if I don't play the game.

Really excited to see what you make, Buckshot! :)