de_3rdstreet_td - Exploit?

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Just wondering how people feel about this.

3rdstreet_td.png

Yesterday I told Coach Hines to stop sniping CTs from this window because I really wasn't cool with it.

This is sloppiness on the map maker's part. If the window is there as a sniper point into the playground, he should have continued with the cityscape instead of the water background and not made the wall see-through. As I note above, the only thing a sniper should be able to see from here is the top portion of the slide and the little sliver of space behind it.

Like I said, Coach Hanes was sniping with a scout from here targetting CTs that should be clearly behind the wall and out of sight. Not entirely sure you could kill anyone, but you can give away CT positions you shouldn't know to your team.

So... how do other people feel about this? Could we possibly close this up with a wall on the left leaving only the window below as a target? Is this much ado about nothing?

is this window on the tower of left T spawn ?
Yes.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
is this window on the tower of left T spawn ?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I was looking at adding a route to that playground under this building anyway. I'll zip that view up with a building and work on that route. :D

Narf!

TD Admin
Put a big TD billboard up to block the view of the playground from those fucking convicted pedophiles like Brains.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
All in favour of a route going to playground from the other side of t-spawn/left side of T route??

I'll try to do one up today and take a screenshot so people understand my idea.

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
can the train still be broken with the use of a smoke at the far left side when coming from t spawn? or has that been fixed. I know the last time i played the map about a year ago you could smoke it and the train would get stuck