Diablo3 2.0 now available!

Macido

DARKLY Regular
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1ywquy/patch_201_notes_are_up_in_the_bnet_launcher/

Patch dropped earlier than they announced
Literally Diablo3 version 2.0 gives the game an entire reboot on loot/lategame/leveling/legendaries and tons more, Going to try to get into this tonight again.

After getting to the final difficulty with my Monk when game released, it was clear the game was "play auction house to win" because the drops were shit and the difficulty scaled with auction house instead.
Like many I decided I wanted to play a "video game" and not the stock market and went on to POE or other fun stuff

Glad they finally gave in even if it took them almost 2 years to do see it and change it. I'v never seen this scale of change from a big company in a game before, it's almost akin to Xbox One when it decided it shouldn't put DRM into everything it did after they were shunned by gamers everywhere.

Going to start up a new warrior, feel free to add me to blizz. I'm getting into Hearthstone as well for kicks.
Pacifist#1275 (macido@gmail.com)

Path of exile mini expansion drops this Saturday which is why I think they released this early. It's far superior in almost every way to vanilla D3 especially graphics. It's almost painful to return to D3 visually. In fact D3 2.0 takes many of it's changes right from POE (which is a free game)..

Macido

DARKLY Regular
I agree with the too late, but they changed so much It's no longer the same game you knew. It may still be broken however.. but consider this.
In 4 hours of playing patch I got about 4 legendary drops, all with new boosted stats. Attack dmg went from 18,000 to 1,200,000 on crit!
hp went from 30,000 to 80,000. It's like playing torchlight 1 the amount of shit you get, exploding things everywhere. very fun in groups.

Fork Included

TD Admin
when D3 was originally in development, i was under the impression that they would have a dynamic, choose-your-destiny-type quest system with perpetual DLC and random instance generators.

instead they just remade D2 with broken item mechanics (maybe i want my Paladin to shoot a bow...).

this "reboot" is more of the same

Macido

DARKLY Regular
i agree the game is very linear, all the patch did was make the game they made actually playable all the way through.
POE was a superior game as far as character creation, skill/weapon class customization and so on..

ranger24

A Little Darkly
Diablo 3 is a lot better now.. But if you play softcore then you still think its the same game.. Hardcore is where its at.

Dr. Zoidberg

TD Admin
I am going to re-install this week. don't remember my account info but i'll post it when i got the info avail if anyone wants to join (going to create new character and start from beginning)

Roach

TD Admin
Diablo 3 is a lot better now.. But if you play softcore then you still think its the same game.. Hardcore is where its at.
pfffff hardcore was aids.
literally u would just build as tanky as possible and farm the same easymode area to stay safe. it was so incredibly boring its the opposite of harcore.. but i can see how the patch has improved this, might give it a shot.

2.0 made the game fun again, and dropping the ah actually made this game a game.
been having alot of fun just throwing on some tunes and veging this game again.
330k dps/ 1.7m toughness buffed wizzy :rockon: