Fan Expo (Toronto)

swan

DARKLY Regular
Hey, anyone going to Fan Expo this weekend?

if comics are your type of thing, come check out my band playing on Sat. Aug. 30 at the Antler Room! (under the Loose Moose... lol). check out the picture for details.

we're a Marvel tribute band, singing songs about all your favourite superheroes!

we've got our Spiderman songs up on bandcamp and reverbnation if you want to give em a listen too.

pulledfrompanels.bandcamp.com
www.reverbnation.com/pulledfrompanels

antler room 2.jpg

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
was supposed to go Saturday afternoon but cousin's sweet 16:(

good luck with the performance tho

amanshotme

TD Member
Hey, anyone going to Fan Expo this weekend?

if comics are your type of thing, come check out my band playing on Sat. Aug. 30 at the Antler Room! (under the Loose Moose... lol). check out the picture for details.

we're a Marvel tribute band, singing songs about all your favourite superheroes!

we've got our Spiderman songs up on bandcamp and reverbnation if you want to give em a listen too.

pulledfrompanels.bandcamp.com
www.reverbnation.com/pulledfrompanels

View attachment 1834

Not going to FanExpo, but a buddy of mine is. I'll tell him to you check you guys out.

swan

DARKLY Regular
Thanks man. You actually don't need to be going to Fan Expo to come see us play as we're not technically part of it.
Just need to come on down to the Antler Room on Front St., and have a desire for beers. STRONG DESIRE.
I'm gonna be there early just to chill out and stuff, but then it's fuckin game time after the set is done.
:freddie:

We were originally supposed to be playing with a Zelda music synth cover band but I guess they broke up last week =(

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Wanted to go spectate IEM but cancelled those plans after seeing the price gouge for FanExpo tickets and their subsequent events. It's an excess of $1000 if you want the full experience or $300 (Admission, Food, TTC) for the IEM weekend. The thought of paying $115 (No perks standard admission) to get access to walk around what is essentially a bazaar is ridiculous. With all the extra event prices we're talking weekly trip prices to destinations like to Vegas, Cuba, etc (It's the off season) and that sounds like a lot more fun. I'm gonna enjoy my long weekend at the cottage and watch the stream instead. I will even enjoy swans music in auto-tune via the links provided :P

swan

DARKLY Regular
Might go this sunday. You probably won't be there anymore though:(

Ya, I'm taking off Sunday during the day. we were supposed to have a second show Sunday night but it was postponed, so I'm not sticking around.

swan

DARKLY Regular
15 deadpools and counting.... Also, getting Stan Lee's autograph on Sunday before I take off. Debating staying Sunday night for a LoL glow party.

Anyone want to come grab a beer tonight?

Dissident

A Little Darkly
Went today. More doctor whos than anything and a million girls wearing police box dresses. It was actually pretty awesome just so many people

amanshotme

TD Member
15 deadpools and counting.... Also, getting Stan Lee's autograph on Sunday before I take off. Debating staying Sunday night for a LoL glow party.

Anyone want to come grab a beer tonight?

if I were downtown I would lol How did your set go?

Went today. More doctor whos than anything and a million girls wearing police box dresses. It was actually pretty awesome just so many people

Yeah don't like going to cons much cuz of that. Went to Anime North this year and there were just too many people there.

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
I went and was fun times. Adam west is a great guy. He reminds me of his character on family guy lol. Saw Stan lee too, and he's in pretty good shape for his age (91), but a fan asked him "what would u say to everyone if today was your last day"... Kinda awkward to say that to a 91 year old...
Also saw Jessica Nigri boobs up close :feelsgood: