• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

DENIED Ghora | mod/ admin application for darkly server #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghora

I'm New Here
Game Handle(s): Ghora​
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:41762777​
Previous Clan/Community affiliations: nope​
Real First Name: Devin​
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on: DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #1​
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin: I want to be an admin on darkly #1 and to be apart of the community. I believe that server #1 needs more active MODS on the server. I'd love to host raffles and other games to make the server a joy to be on more than what it is now.​
YES/NO Questions:​
Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play? Yes I do more than 3 years.​
Do you have a mic? yes I do.​
Are you in good standing with the community? As far as I know yes and if I'm not please someone let me know.​
Are you at least 18 years of age? yes I am.​

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Hi Ghora - thanks for applying.

Detailed info about your time on Darkly Servers can be found here: http://darkly.gameme.com/playerinfo/60552

There are a couple of essential things required to be considered for a Staff position: (aside from the specifics mentioned on the app format)

1. Regular presence on the servers and conduct becoming of the position you aspire too...

2. Regular forum activity, both to ensure you frequent the forums enough to remain informed of any changes or updates to staff, servers or rules - and to allow the community to get to know you - and if you aren't careful you might just make some new friends and find some interesting stuff!

DGN standards are high for TF2 Staff positions, and applications are accepted or rejected based primarily on the two above-listed criteria - note though that applications are not acted on quickly, by design. This doesn't mean that we have forgot about you, it means that you are being evaluated - sometimes with your knowledge but frequently without....

All applications are eventually addressed - let's hope that you make a good enough impression to join our Staff - Good Luck!

Edit: Let's skip the drama on this one people, if you do not know this player you have nothing to add here - please do not post.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
I think you should have waited longer before reapplying.

http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/darkly-toronto-application.12166/

He reapplied at my suggestion - since his last app got hijacked by spurious idle speculation and nit-picking pettiness.....
I currently am withholding a vote either way, but I would at least like to see him have the chance without the nonsense.

The sort of petty posts added to his last app do not accurately reflect our TF2* community - hopefully even if not successful, both he and other people applying will learn what we expect and see how we can work together as a community.

*Edit

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Anyone can reapply, that's fine. Just understand that by doing so an applicant is expressing confidence that he/she has improved, changed, or is otherwise better optimized than before. And if that ends up not being the case as we evaluate him/her, the applicant's character and image are damaged considerably more in regards to staff applications.

Ghora

I'm New Here
I revamped my application and most of the people on here that voted I don't know nor have I met in game. It's not far that the people that don't go on darkly #1 server that have never talked to me or had a conversation with should get to vote.

Rams

TD Admin
Regular forum activity, both to ensure you frequent the forums enough to remain informed of any changes or updates to staff, servers or rules - and to allow the community to get to know you - and if you aren't careful you might just make some new friends and find some interesting stuff!

Cheese

DARKLY Regular
+1
Ghora is a very polite/honest/trustworthy guy and enforces the rules everytime I see him on the servers. Also he told me about his situation he had on is last application and yet he still moves on to his goal to be a mod, I think thats pretty brave, dude. I appreciate that you're willing to moderate the servers.
Good luck on your applications:thumbsup:

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
I revamped my application and most of the people on here that voted I don't know nor have I met in game. It's not far that the people that don't go on darkly #1 server that have never talked to me or had a conversation with should get to vote.

Pro tip Ghora, if you haven't already; I would recommend server hopping to get to know regulars/staff members more. It does WONDERS for mod apps.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member

A quick couple of things -

Comments do not equal votes - the apps are open to the public in case any regular player wants to add any information we should be aware of, i.e. scamming, verbally abusive behavior, mature conflict resolution, helping to enforce server rules........unfortunately this also results in people who have nothing constructive to add doing so anyway.

There are always going to be people who thrive on negativity and conflict - if you want to become a Staff member you need to learn to let it go, the people on the forums are very much like those on the servers - some will try to push your buttons, you have to be better than that if you plan on any sort of leadership position - you need to lead by example, in this case by not validating these folks or their actions by getting defensive.

Tech45

Senior TF2 Admin
Eh, little bit of this and that already expressed by everyone else. Though it's good to point out that spending most of your time on a certain server where mod presence is "average" thinking it's a good reason to apply is not very convincing. And for God's sake use some proper grammar when making applications, it makes people look lazy to employers.

Ghora

I'm New Here
Eh, little bit of this and that already expressed by everyone else. Though it's good to point out that spending most of your time on a certain server where mod presence is "average" thinking it's the only reason you should apply. And for God's sake use some proper grammar when making applications, it makes people look lazy to employers.
Please tell me where the grammatical errors are in my application, I know that there are some punctuational errors but that's it.

Tech45

Senior TF2 Admin
Please tell me where the grammatical errors are in my application, I know that there are some punctuational errors but that's it.

"...to make the server a joy to be on more than what is now."
Plus, it doesn't hurt to fix the few punctuation errors.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
lol i forgot "it" wow thank you for that

lol, I forgot "it." Wow, thank you for that.

He's not trying to be a dick, and to be quite honest, I was thinking the same thing. No, the grammar and punctuation doesn't break the application, but it takes maybe half a second more to be correct. In the long run, if you don't take half a second to come across as professional, why would we trust you to take time out of your day to help a regular compile a scam report or examine chat logs?

I haven't seen you on, so I don't know what you're like ingame. However, I encourage you to look at this input as feedback with which to improve.

Matthew

TF2 Staff
-1 does not seem mature enough to be a mod, maybe in a couple months when you don't take suggestions so close to heart.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
My vote remains the same. It's on the other thread.

I'm sorry people where nit picking at you Ghora... However I do think you need to proof read your responses before you post, regardless of what thread you're posting on. Good luck on your second try!

Ghora

I'm New Here
My vote remains the same. It's on the other thread.

I'm sorry people where nit picking at you Ghora... However I do think you need to proof read your responses before you post, regardless of what thread you're posting on. Good luck on your second try!
Thank you for the support Rei.

Matthew

TF2 Staff
I'm sorry people where nit picking at you Ghora...
It's not that people are nit picking him, we're giving him suggestions to improve, proper grammar makes you look more professional and the fact he's replying with a bit of attitude is what makes me think he is not ready for mod, his maturity and the way he is handling the current situation is just not good in my eyes.

Reactions: Rei
Status
Not open for further replies.