• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

I quit my job

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
So, since you guys are probably too lazy to look into it, quick synopsis:

You have a myriad of different rockets parts, shells, engines, doo-dads, tanks, science thingies, etc.

you build free form your rocket, and launch it on the pad.

you can stage it of course, or automate it, asparagas it, etc

It's fully sandbox, there is no limitation, no mission goals, basically nothing to do.

It's hard, but not maths hard, the game is put together well, so within a couple days of playing you should reach the mun (moon), and I'm telling you, the feeling of landing on it for the first time, is INCREDIBLE.

I followed the apollo mission profile (launch, kerbal orbit, mun transfer, seperate LEM, land, take off, orbital rendezvouz with command module, kerbla transfer, atmospheric re-entry, land.

You can see pics on my steam profile.

mandy

TD Member
I've had this game sitting in my library from like 2 steam sales ago.

Installing.
#whathaveIdone

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I've had this game sitting in my library from like 2 steam sales ago.
#whathaveIdone
So what, you think you're all bad now?
034248_19.jpg

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I can do this in KSP.

It mirrors real life very closely, as it's very hard to de-orbit a large craft and land on an orbiting body.

I've followed the apollo profile, in I have ferry craft, that do the heavy lifting, and when I need to launch to orbit and back, I have a LEM craft.

I use a mod called Kethane, where you mine "kethane", but it's a very heavy substance (it's fuel, effectively), so I have my lunar rover buggy with mining and fuel equipment, it mines, mates up with the LEM, transfers fuel, this craft enters orbit, rendezvouzes with my ferry craft. Some refueling of the LEM takes place, but the kethane is transfered to the ferry craft.

Then the ferry craft returns to the fuel station, which is in heliocentric orbit between Mun and Minmus. Ferry craft returns to orbit around minmus for next kethane load. At the same time, I refine the kethane into usable fuel.

I do this, all my self, manually.

WEEEEE

I have run out of fuel mid way on a couple of missions, and because it's so difficult to lift the ferry craft into orbit on Kerbal, I opt to go "rescue" them instead of just deleting the fuckers. Rescue missions are fun!

cranswick

TD Admin
dude I just got this game cause some guys at work were talking about...I logged 19 hours in 3 days :o

jr, if the concept intrigues you, the game will consume your life...I haven't touched CS or BF4 since I bought it...

this game is so fucking awesome!! I haven't successfully landed on the moon yet...I keep running out of fuel during my retrograde burn on entry, and smash into the surface, so I keep having to redesign my landing craft...

wait, do parachutes work on the moon?

cranswick

TD Admin
I wanted to see what other TD|fags thought of the game, I forgot I found this through a search, and was reviving and ancient thread...derp. but for reelz, bump for a great fucking game...wish I played it sooner...i'm such a noob...

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
You're actually getting onboard at a good time. A couple versions ago there was no solar system, no sun even.

I came on board when there was just the mun. I left for a bit, but now I'm back.

cranswick

TD Admin
oh man...I've already creeped out the system...the first moon of Jool looks like a pretty attractive destination...but alas, my own Mun landing efforts have still been in vain...

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
fuuuuuuu. i wish i had the patience to be awesome.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
oh man...I've already creeped out the system...the first moon of Jool looks like a pretty attractive destination...but alas, my own Mun landing efforts have still been in vain...

I landed a rover there, crowning achievement, I don't want to give too much away, but one of the moons has an atmosphere. I took a bazillion pictures, if you want I can upload them.

I'm now heading into the cosmos, rendezvouz and land in the eeloo system. I'm currently now on a 15!! minute burn just to get the planes on similar angles of inclination. I'm using nuclear engines as they are more efficient in space, and I've got a 151 tonne vehicle. (at start)

weeeeee

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
This is the VERY TOP of a huge behemoth, I think it weighed in at around 800t, as it had a low earth orbit, and 8 rockomax + main sail engines (biggest in the game)

Now that I know it a bit better, I've pushed out to orbit passed mun and minmus, and using nuclear engines. Design is considerably lighter. Will update when I reach eeloo tonight.

Check out that re-entry, thats full thrusters plus parachutes, just to land teh fucker, wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for the atmosphere.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Now I'm on a 38 minute burn to intercept eeloo.

This is in realtime peeps, no advanced time when your wicks are lit.

BLAST OFF