• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Is Russia really this bad?

Fork Included

TD Admin
Sochi is not "Russia" per se... it's very close to Georgia and other places where people reguarly get shot and what not.

funny thing is, Sochi is 4 times closer to my wife's hometown than Moscow is :/

What they've done, essentially, is turn a paki place like Blue Montain into a supposedly world-class place meant to handle such a large event.

Hell, they've built a NEW RAILROAD leading into the city just to deal with traffic.

So it's kinda bad.

but this article sheds somewhat of a different light on the matter

http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi...ed_journalists_should_just_chill_dimanno.html

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
the whole event was organized to funnel public money into private hands. shit "cost" ridiculous amounts of money and was done as cheaply as possible, or not even done at all. putin and his friends made billions. fyi, these are just my own assumptions i have made. shits an embarassment. business as usual is russia, just airing out our dirty laundry for everyone to see.

Hotshot.exe

DARKLY Regular
lol i think sochi was running a little behind schedule for the olympics because there was so much shit for them to do in order to prep for the olympics, i'm sure that getting the hotels to look 5 stars was on the bottom of their lists.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
the whole event was organized to funnel public money into private hands. shit "cost" ridiculous amounts of money and was done as cheaply as possible, or not even done at all. putin and his friends made billions. fyi, these are just my own assumptions i have made. shits an embarassment. business as usual is russia, just airing out our dirty laundry for everyone to see.

No shit, you're spot on.
50 BILLION was spent on this, 50 BILLION.

That's fucking crazy,

Fork Included

TD Admin
I take it you've never been to Blue Mountain before? It's pricey, man...

no but i mean like, Blue Mountain is a resort place, but it ain't nothing special. If a year from now it was to host the olympics, they'd be so much construction up there to increase capacity it will be nuts.

Sochi was always a quiet get-away town where russians from the north would come to chill for a week or so. I have no idea why they chose it as the spot for winter olympics...

MetalLobster

TD Admin
no but i mean like, Blue Mountain is a resort place, but it ain't nothing special. If a year from now it was to host the olympics, they'd be so much construction up there to increase capacity it will be nuts.

Sochi was always a quiet get-away town where russians from the north would come to chill for a week or so. I have no idea why they chose it as the spot for winter olympics...

My thoughts exactly. Who was on the committee that selected this city?

Fork Included

TD Admin
Brains, your jokes are so bad that should you ever walk into the world’s most horrible comedy bar on amateur night, you’ll not only be booed off stage, but every member of the audience will take turns stabbing you with their table knives until your body is turned into an unrecognizable pile of goo.

Fork Included

TD Admin
i got lucky, the nail sinking was mutual

but i had friends who got whipped hard and not in the funny-poker-room-jest type of way,