• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

DENIED Jerk's Staff Application <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
Howdy! Some of you may have seen this coming, because I love these servers so much and love to spend time on them. <3

Also, PS: I don't believe I am capable of writing concise things on forums, it just doesn't compute in my mind to write so little. It's gotta fill the page :P. (Oh and thank you very much for taking the time to read this and take it seriously, I love ya.)

Game Handle(s): ᴰᴳᴺ Jerk {The Worst}
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:48835833 http://steamcommunity.com/id/DGN-Jerk
Previous Clan/Community affiliations: None
Real First Name: Ryan
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on: #2 (mainly), #5, others when friends are there.
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin: Well, first off if you know me, you know that I love to go on DGN TF2 servers to hang out with friends, participate in server games, trade a tiny bit, but mostly just communicate with other people and make connections and friendships. There are many reasons why I wish to be staff on these servers, the main one being that I just love spending time on these servers, and helping other people help themselves when it comes to understanding the status quo of these servers. I have grown a lot in recent memory in terms of coming to understand myself and others, and would like to bring up the past in this application. I was banned awhile ago for misusing commands that Premium DGN players on TF2 had access to, when they shouldn't have been. I made mistakes then, such as trying to enforce the rules on other people using said commands, and using commands that effected other players such as resize. When I was banned, I came to realize how important spending time on these servers is to me, and how much the community means to me. I misused those commands because I at first didn't know the rules, and then didn't want to follow them back then. I decided to become very familiar with the rules then, and help myself to never get into trouble on the servers again, and now I want to help other players with this. This isn't everything, there are always more reasons I can think of in terms of reasoning why I want to be staff, but these are the strongest in my mind.

YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play? Yes, I have nearly 300 hours online the TF2 trade servers, and between a couple months' hiatus, well over a month on the servers.
Do you have a mic? Yes, and I love to chat with people using it. I often use it far more than I type in chat. I mainly go on TF2 to chat with friends and have a good time on Darkly TF2 servers.
Are you in good standing with the community? I like to think so, minus that one ban I had that I mentioned above, I have never been in serious trouble with the staff, and because of that ban, I hope to never get into trouble again.
Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes, I am 18.
Are you active on the forums? I have started to put some effort into this, as the DGN community is definitely not limited to the TF2 servers. There are many cool and interesting people to interact with on the forums that I am growing to enjoy chatting with.

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat

I give you this not because of what happened with your ban, seeing that you owned up to it.. But that you are aggressive with other players and at times you instigate problems, of which I have seen in spectator, under a different alias.. Given - you've definitely matured over the time, however, as of now, I do not find you ready.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
Yeah, I have been trying to work on that a bit. I also want to become staff to try to become better at handling situations in game. I do sometimes get a bit annoyed by other players as I'm kind of an emotional guy, but I'll see what people think and take it very seriously to become ready to moderate.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
Also: any and all positive or negative (constructive) feedback is greatly appreciated. You can suggest things for me to do differently or tell me how perfect I am (Lol) here as a reply, by message on this site, message over steam, or by simply finding me in game and telling me. Thank you very much if you do. <3

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Oh Jerk, where do I start with you...

On the one hand, you're on a lot and you seem pretty friendly and well-known. I don't know of any major issues with behavior. On the other hand, there are a few times where you get a little overzealous when talking to someone, like Gummy Bear earlier this evening. You started saying he needed mental medication because he was getting pissy about afk players. Granted, his attitude isn't your fault, but your banter was just making him more angry. Our job isn't to make the situation worse. You'll really need to watch that.

Not going to vote yet, but good luck.

And by the way, it's Blizzardy Storm, you uncultured swine.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
Oh I was not being serious about that. I should really focus on being a bit more serious about resolving issues such as that instead. I was just bantering after a very long day and not maintaining my normal level of maturity in that manner. He was getting pissy about f2p players making the server "cancerous", and by mental medication, I was talking about a "chill pill" in joking terms, but still that is not an excuse. I might eventually figure out what effect your hat is. But yeah, thanks for the advice. I hope to show a better side of myself to you in the future. It's harder to be noticed for the good things above the occasional slip-ups, so I just need to eliminate any slip-ups. Thank you for the words of encouragement, and don't worry: I'll try to keep up as much maturity in these matters in the future.

at first I was a little hesident on this person, maybe because of the name, but as I have gotten to know him better he is not the person I thought he was, he is now on my friends list and truly is trying to follow our rules and show himself in a good example and help others to stay on track with our rules. I hope he continues to do so and wish him luck on his app

Antimoon

DARKLY Regular
It's Jerk!

To be honest, I think you like the idea of being staff more than you'd like being staff. You're a cool guy, and I enjoy playing video games with you, but I'll second some of what's been mentioned here and say that I've seen you go a bit... overboard, sometimes. If you want the freedom to berate someone acting a fool (deserved or not) then I'm not sure that being staff is necessarily right for you. As it stands I'm not entirely certain that I'd trust you with a ban command in the moment of heat.

All of that said, I think you definitely bring some fun to the server, and I'm generally happy to see you on. Even if you don't make staff, I hope you remain a fixture on the DARKLY servers, as opposed to some other people who hung around, applied, and then disappeared.

Jerk

A Little Darkly
@Antimoon As usual, thanks for the advice. I find it kind of sad that people do that, the whole only sticking around to see if they make staff. That'd only happen to me if tick stopped doing server games. (Lol, and if all my friends on the server up and died). One method I have thought about to ensure justification for moderation of certain players was to implement a strikeout method. If a player breaks any of the common rules (links, interfering with server games etc, spamming, being an asshat in general) 3 times, after being warned and if I were to be sure that they knew the consequences of their actions, knowingly just trying to cause problems, then that would result in a kick. If said player returned, and broke 3 more of the rules, (all of this would have to be within a day or so, I'd say): that player would be banned for a length of time related to the severity of their actions. For the uncommon rule breakers, (hackers/cheaters/exploiters, scammers, spycrab runners, impersonators etc.) that would result in a ban related to the severity of their actions. That is just a method that I would use to justify the moderation. I don't know if a better system is currently in place, as I would use that if there were. I do understand the perspective that I could wish to be staff for the purpose of being staff, but I wish to be staff to uphold the rules and ensure that people are able to continue playing on these great servers. If I were to become staff, I would go about moderation more seriously than I play, as it is true that I do occasionally get heated. I know responding to advice on an application is kind of looked down on, but I just want to show gratitude and discuss how I could improve in these things. Again, sorry for the failure to be concise on forums, and you have my genuine gratitude for the advice.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Ummm...Jerk with a Staff tag, idk..

Indeed you are a fun and friendly guy to be sure, and you are a positive addition to the community - but I can't say I am comfortable at this point with giving you Staff abilities...

(Do note though that Staff promotions are a group Staff decision)

Status
Not open for further replies.